King McClure Going Off on Texas Video or Audio?

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I missed the part of the ISU-WVU game where King McClure apparently went off on Texas.

Does anyone have video or audio of it?

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
I missed the part of the ISU-WVU game where King McClure apparently went off on Texas.

Does anyone have video or audio of it?

he didnt go off on them. he was talking about what 3 teams he thinks in the Big 12 that could go to the final four. He said Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa State. The other guy asked why not Texas. And King said that they dont play good enough defense. that was it

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
he didnt go off on them. he was talking about what 3 teams he thinks in the Big 12 that could go to the final four. He said Baylor, Kansas, and Iowa State. The other guy asked why not Texas. And King said that they dont play good enough defense. that was it
Odd. TX plays better defense than Baylor.

(Yes, I know where he played)

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
He said a bit more than that. He said they don't play good enough defense, their guards take too many bad shots, and something relatively negative regarding the performance of "that transfer from Iowa State"

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
That was the 1st time I've listened to McClure for a full game I'm not in love with his voice but he wasn't terrible on his analysis.
The Tx take was pretty accurate IMO. He was kinder to us than what some have said on here before but maybe I caught him on a better night.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'm here for TV commentators calling out refs. It seems they used to just go along with whatever call was made, or not talk about it if it was clearly bad. There seems to be a trend now of calling out bad calls when they see them. Jay Bilas has been doing it for a while, and Van Gundy at the NBA level did it for a long time. Good to see it catch on.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He said a bit more than that. He said they don't play good enough defense, their guards take too many bad shots, and something relatively negative regarding the performance of "that transfer from Iowa State"

Thanks. I turn the TV sound down and listen to the radio. Glad to know what McClure actually said.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
That was the 1st time I've listened to McClure for a full game I'm not in love with his voice but he wasn't terrible on his analysis.
The Tx take was pretty accurate IMO. He was kinder to us than what some have said on here before but maybe I caught him on a better night.

Glad to hear that McClure is getting better. But I am more than willing to tolerate the lag between the TV and radio in order to avoid listening to just about any TV broadcaster.

Reactions: NWICY and DurangoCy

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
he said Baylor because they have one of the best backcourts and that new big that just came back makes them a lot better team.

Yeah, if it can't be us, I am rooting for Baylor (only because I have a small +800 ticket on them).

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm curious how Walters and Heft handled all the controversial calls by the refs. Did anyone listen to their broadcast? Did they have a seizure?

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
He went as far as to say that Tyrese Hunter wasn't the offensive player they thought he was going to be if I remember correctly. And he said it in a very negative tone...which I thought was hilarious. The vibe I got from the whole thing was that he hates Texas from his time at Baylor, and as a Big 12 guy in general.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
King was sucking up hard on ISU last night. He's obviously gotten your feedback. I believe he once said ISU is an elite basketball program. Would anyone here say that?
I would say they are pushing it. Got the talent coming. Certainly elite defense.