Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Iowa State Fan - “What do you think about the national media continuously being hard on Kirk for having a culture that was racially biased and not welcoming to everyone?”

Iowa Fan - “Oh yeah? What do YOU think about the national media being critical of Matt Campbell that one weekend he said his goal was to get his players to be the best versions of themselves?”

This is the thing, you type one thing as racially biased, but say Kirk is still racist in another because he did not get rid of BF. cannot have it both ways. Current players disagree with you but you do you.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You picked that about of about 4 things I listed in that post. Also find one post saying any story about that quote was a hit piece intent on bringing Campbell down. Literally find one.
So was the national media wrong for "twisting" his quote?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This is the thing, you type one thing as racially biased, but say Kirk is still racist in another because he did not get rid of BF. cannot have it both ways. Current players disagree with you but you do you.
Does KF not have very tight control over the entire program? That is one of his claims to the Iowa Way.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Someone brought up how hawkfans think the national media is out to get them and fabricates stories. I was bringing to light that so do ISU fans
I don’t think this is as good of an argument as you’re trying to make it..

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I don’t think this is as good of an argument as you’re trying to make it..
What, that the national or just media in general twists quotes to get clicks. Reading articles and listening to talking heads, I now see why CMC is a 7-6 type coach because he does not have goals to win, just to be a good person no matter the record.

• Dumb
Reactions: irish and MJ29

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What coach does not have total control?
Ok. We agree. As you said you can't have it both ways. Either KF is in total control of his program...except when it comes to awful treatment of black men, then and only then it is somebody else that is to blame. Your very own words make this incredibly illogical.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
To this point, I’ve only seen Porters side and Lomax’s tweet. Porter freely admitted that was his own opinion. Lomax went out of his way to say no one else on the committee shared his opinion. Unless you have another source I missed that is erroneous.

If this is Lomax's tweet that you said is one of the only two things you have seen how do you get that "no one else on the committee shared his opinion"? It reads that others disagreed but it doesn't say that everyone else disagreed.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What, that the national or just media in general twists quotes to get clicks. Reading articles and listening to talking heads, I now see why CMC is a 7-6 type coach because he does not have goals to win, just to be a good person no matter the record.
We know Kirk doesn't have any motivation to be a good person. So you have that going for you.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I never said Kirk was racist. I said he created and maintained a culture that was racially insensitive biased, and at times discriminatory. I’m basing that statement on what was said by former players as well as what the Husch Blackwell report found.

Kirk isn’t racist for not getting rid of Brian. He’s incompetent, power hungry, and will put his own above the program and players.

And of course current players are saying things are fine and better now with. I’m sure they are! Which is a good thing! But that’s how it should’ve been before and that’s what you and other fans don’t realize. Brian obviously isn’t talking like he did before and there’s not a S&C coach there using the color of kid’s skin against them or putting them in the hospital.

Reactions: MJ29 and cycloner29

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Ok. We agree. As you said you can't have it both ways. Either KF is in total control of his program...except when it comes to awful treatment of black men, then and only then it is somebody else that is to blame. Your very own words make this incredibly illogical.
which means the way you all are reacting about his choice to rearrange his committee is his. I advise you to read his press release. Seems like a lot of you want to avoid that. He is in charge, admitted he put to much trust into Doyle and let the team determine if he should stay.... how is this that hard for you guys to grasp that he is bettering the Iowa program?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol so if we’re going to play that game, I’d rather take the coach that’s trying to be a good person no matter the record than the coach that will instill a culture and run a program that racially discriminates against his players.

Fine? Fine.

Reactions: MJ29 and cycloner29

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I never said Kirk was racist. I said he created and maintained a culture that was racially insensitive biased, and at times discriminatory. I’m basing that statement on what was said by former players as well as what the Husch Blackwell report found.

Kirk isn’t racist for not getting rid of Brian. He’s incompetent, power hungry, and will put his own above the program and players.

And of course current players are saying things are fine and better now with. I’m sure they are! Which is a good thing! But that’s how it should’ve been before and that’s what you and other fans don’t realize. Brian obviously isn’t talking like he did before and there’s not a S&C coach there using the color of kid’s skin against them or putting them in the hospital.
So what are you even arguing here then if things are better and there is an actual effort to get better?

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lol so if we’re going to play that game, I’d rather take the coach that’s trying to be a good person no matter the record than the coach that will instill a culture and run a program that racially discriminates against his players.

Fine? Fine.
So you are telling me that CMC does not want to have goals for a conference title? That is what the national media reported.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Seeing people argue with thinker reminds me of when I have to argue with my 5 year old. No amount of common sense and logic will get through his 5 year old brain when he is stuck on something. And it’s fine cause he is just 5.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: irish and JP4CY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So what are you even arguing here then if things are better and there is an actual effort to get better?
Just rebutting your posts that lack any critical thinking and are just talking points that have been spewed out by your head coach.

I can be happy that things are better and still be critical of the fact that Iowa’s Football coach did what he did and has allowed his son to stay on staff who is being sued and named as a main accuser, while also not handing out any punishment to him.

• Winner
Reactions: jmb

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
which means the way you all are reacting about his choice to rearrange his committee is his. I advise you to read his press release. Seems like a lot of you want to avoid that. He is in charge, admitted he put to much trust into Doyle and let the team determine if he should stay.... how is this that hard for you guys to grasp that he is bettering the Iowa program?
How is it so hard for you to grasp that he condoned it until those that were hurt by HIS culture spoke out?

• Winner
Reactions: Statefan10

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Just rebutting your posts that lack any critical thinking and are just talking points that have been spewed out by your head coach.

I can be happy that things are better and still be critical of the fact that Iowa’s Football coach did what he did and has allowed his son to stay on staff who is being sued and named as a main accuser, while also not handing out any punishment to him.
So you are of the idea that people cannot change or improve relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.