Kirk Ferentz lawsuit

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Mary Ferentz said that she is married to Kirk Ferentz, that they have five children and they have lived in the area for six years. She said that when her husband took the position of head football coach at the University of Iowa six years ago, Hayden Fry’s first bit of advice was to buy a house as far from anything as possible and then build a moat around it for privacy. He was joking about the moat, she said, but serious about the privacy.

There's always an attention-loving crazy person at those town meetings

• Funny
Reactions: DurangoCy

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
This is one of those "Thank god for this thread" moments.....

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
They are trying to force them to be part of a home owner's association. That is BS.

Also, neighbors are annoying.

They are trying to force them to pay their part for a private road they share. An HOA is probably one of the best mechanism for making sure that money is paid by current and future owners.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Starting to notice a them out East

Neighbors John and Ann Marie Buatti proposed subdividing their 20-acre property for a development that would include a road resurfacing and extension. They wanted space for their children to ride bikes.

Mary Ferentz objected, saying she wanted the road kept gravel and the neighborhood to remain rural for privacy reasons.

“What I remember distinctly is she looked at me and said, ‘No, you don’t understand who I am.’ ... I was a little bit taken back,” John Buatti testified. “For me it was the safety of my children, not who she was or why that would matter.”
Not trying to defend the Ferentz's but if I was in a private area I wouldn't want a development to go up even if was bike trails. It would bring in a lot more traffic and if anyone knows Ferentz lives there, there will always be the idiot gawkers who have to get off their bikes and start taking selfies or walking on their property.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not trying to defend the Ferentz's but if I was in a private area I wouldn't want a development to go up even if was bike trails. It would bring in a lot more traffic and if anyone knows Ferentz lives there, there will always be the idiot gawkers who have to get off their bikes and start taking selfies or walking on their property.

Then buy a property that has its own road. Buy 40 acres and shove your house behind a hill and you have plenty of privacy.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
BbtOWCoCUAAWT2m.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I think the crux of the issue is that the Ferentz's and neighbors share a private road and the neighbors are trying to come to a common agreement onto how that road gets maintained. The Ferentz's dont share the same opinion as the neighbors. Now that the Ferentz's won the lawsuit saying they dont have to pay for anything, I think the lawsuit in the OP is simply a futile attempt by the neighbors to pressure the Ferentz's to settle.

I get both sides of this. However, the people I know involved in some of this (who are a neutral party) have told me Mary has way to much free time and loves to spend her time fighting everything that may have an effect on her. Kirk's only involvement in any of this is that he is married to Mary.

Yeah, this whole thing smacks of a bored housewife....erp, "homemaker," just trying to keep herself entertained. I can understand the desire to maintain privacy and also stay away from having to be part of an HOA, but I guess I wonder why they didn't buy a huge plot of land of their own and build a house right in the middle of it to give themselves the privacy they want. I mean, we know they have plenty of money to get that done.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Honestly it's not like the dude is a big celebrity. I completely understand him wanting privacy but how pathetic would you have to be to stop and take selfies in front of Kirk Ferentz's house

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I think the crux of the issue is that the Ferentz's and neighbors share a private roTheyad and the neighbors are trying to come to a common agreement onto how that road gets maintained. The Ferentz's dont share the same opinion as the neighbors. Now that the Ferentz's won the lawsuit saying they dont have to pay for anything, I think the lawsuit in the OP is simply a futile attempt by the neighbors to pressure the Ferentz's to settle.

I get both sides of this. However, the people I know involved in some of this (who are a neutral party) have told me Mary has way to much free time and loves to spend her time fighting everything that may have an effect on her. Kirk's only involvement in any of this is that he is married to Mary.
The neighbors are trying to force them into an HOA. I'd be pissed and fight it too.