KSU asst. Coach gets DUI

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, not everything is going perfectly in Manhattan. Player suspended and now an assistant coach with a DUI.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
From my conversations with several KSU fans, Hill does almost as much of the Xs and Os coaching as Frank Martin does.

It will be interesting to see how they handle it.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Hill is the main recruiter. He is the one who brought Beasley, Walker, and the point guard. He came from CHarlotte where Beasly was commited. Then the drunken cheat took the KSU job and hired Hill just so he would bring beasley and Walker. Needless to say Hill was retained by the new staff for his recruiting ability.

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
I'm not gonna judge, I am sure there have been many times where I COULD have gotten one and didn't...

I will second that. However, I did not have as much at stake career wise that Mr. Hill is risking. (I am not saying just because you have less at stake from a career perspective, it does not make it okay to drink and drive).

You are the freaking head coach at a Division 1 univeristy. #1. You have the $$$ to afford a cab. #2. You should be able to find someone sober who is willing to give you a ride home based on who you are.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
He's actually the assistant coach - but he was up for head coaching duties...

Otherwise, very true - agree on all accounts.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
The thing is, he is the only reason Beasley came to KSU. "I probably wouldn't be at KSU if Di wasn't here." said Beasley. I have a feeling they just want to keep Beasley happy, so they are not going to suspend Hill for very long. KSU is turning into Cincinnatti, v2.0.

ekim121

Apr 13, 2006
Not to make light of a potential serious situation, but I can definitely see it being a situation where the coaches all went out to celebrate a big win and he got nabbed on the way home. In my opinion, if he blew 0.09, not as big a deal, whereas if he blew a 0.18 there was a serious error made on his and his coworker's part.