KU FB

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Fully agree.

I just hate the new OT format. That it comes down to a single possession per team is stupid. They did it to shorten games but they shortened the very games that are the most fun. It’s right up there with the NFLs stupid OT model.
I concur. Previous college OT was the best, I don’t care if it did take 7 or 8 OTs to get a winner, you just couldn‘t beat that.

This alternating 2-point-conversion crap is silly. You might as well end it with the FG units trading off attempts starting at 40 yards and moving back 5 yards at a time until somebody misses … that’d also be stupid and irrelevant, but not a whole lot worse than trading 2-point-conversion plays.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Showing how bad they still are.
Embarrassing to lose to them.
Another coach extended prematurely.
completely disagree...if you look at Leipold's coaching career, he has a track record of succeeding everywhere he's been. He just got unarguably the worst team in power football over the last decade and a half to a bowl game in two years.

Yes, there are obviously pieces KU needs to work on (defense primarily) but this is a huge step in the right direction for them. Not to mention, they are getting much needed upgrades to Memorial Stadium in the next few years.

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
I think most accept that we weren't good.

It's a wakeup call to just how bad we were though. Even just having a decent offense would have put us in the bowl season.
if we averaged 30 pts a game, we would've been in Arlington against TCU...that's how insanely dumb the season was. Our defense did everything (TCU game excluded) to be in games all year long. Hell if we average 21 pts a game, we're 8-4, not 4-8

Reactions: NWICY

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Theres a reason I cheer for K-State. You'd feel differently if you were in my postion also.
If there’s a personal reason that’s different and that’s completely understandable. You do you. But I have no connection and can’t stand K State. So hope they get their doors blown off. I’m not going to sit here and say you need to think just like me and can’t cheer for other Big 12 teams. Just like I would expect you to respect my reasons for not wanting to cheer for certain teams. So your comment of “of course you would cheer for the cheaters” or whatever it was is a stupid response. I and anyone else can cheer for whoever the hell they want. This isn’t even me cheering for Bama, as there are only a handful of teams I would want Bama to beat. It’s more about my dislike of K State and wanting them to lose to everyone aside from Iowa, Baylor and maybe a few others.

• Agree
  • Love
Reactions: surly and Lineup

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
if we averaged 30 pts a game, we would've been in Arlington against TCU...that's how insanely dumb the season was. Our defense did everything (TCU game excluded) to be in games all year long. Hell if we average 21 pts a game, we're 8-4, not 4-8
The defense did more than do enough to be in games.
The losses included giving up:

10, 14, 14, 20, 24, and 27 (where the last TD was on a 2 yard drive after yet another TO). The way CFB is now you just have to win most of those games given the defensive performance. The game is ruled and officiated in a way that scoring is pretty easy. Middle of the pack big 12 offense is 33 ppg.

• Agree
Reactions: loyalsons4evertrue

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
TxT's win over Ole Miss was a needed reset for the B12. Not surprised at the outcome, as Tech was strong down the stretch of their B12 schedule. Ole Miss's coach is a phony, isn't he. They do wear fashionable, pretty uniforms though.

I was completely neutral on the Ku game because I loathe everything about those turds. But in the end enjoyed watching their comeback. Dang near pulled it off too.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
While Leipold certainly took KU out of 'laughingstock' of the Big 12 level, it was a regular season where just about everything went right for them.

They beat 3 OOC and the three worst teams in the Big 12. One required OT, one required 3 missed FG's, and Okie State was just ridiculously horrible at the end of the year. Non conference required late comebacks to beat Duke and Houston.

They really did not have a close game they lost outside of TCU.

Even yesterday required a fluke fumble when Arkansas could have more/less knelt it and the worst onside kick recovery effort I have ever seen.

Those type of seasons tend to regress to norm. Will see if he can sustain success but need continued talent overhaul.

Reactions: surly

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
While Leipold certainly took KU out of 'laughingstock' of the Big 12 level, it was a regular season where just about everything went right for them.

They beat 3 OOC and the three worst teams in the Big 12. One required OT, one required 3 missed FG's, and Okie State was just ridiculously horrible at the end of the year. Non conference required late comebacks to beat Duke and Houston.

Even yesterday required a fluke fumble when Arkansas could have more/less knelt it and the worst onside kick recovery effort I have ever seen.

Those type of seasons tend to regress to norm. Will see if he can sustain success but need continued talent overhaul.
... and finished the season 1-7.

• Love
Reactions: aauummm

loyalsons4evertrue

Sep 18, 2020
Idk I have disdain for KU basketball (who doesn't), but I'm not from the KC area like some of our Cyclone fans are....Ik their basketball fans can be asses, but I haven't ran across a bad KU football fan in my lifetime.

I was rooting for KU basically because they're Big 12 and I despise anything SEC, even though Arkansas is like bottom of the list in terms of teams I hate from that conference

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

Well, not everything went right. They lost one of the most dynamic players in the country in Daniels.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Idk I have disdain for KU basketball (who doesn't), but I'm not from the KC area like some of our Cyclone fans are....Ik their basketball fans can be asses, but I haven't ran across a bad KU football fan in my lifetime.
There are some KU football fans that actually went to and suffered through terrible seasons. Those fans are on par with our fan base. Unfortunately, a good chunk of their current fans are basketball fans that bandwagon big time. Some are self-deprecating and joke about their success, but I've come across quite a few that are straight-up arrogant.

example: I went to pick up some food at a Tanners near my house while wearing some ISU gear and some guys said some **** to me about beating us in FB. I thought they were just giving me a hard time at first, but they doubled down saying how they were just getting started, blah blah blah. I asked him to name 2 players other than Jalon Daniels. The silence that followed was satisfying.

Reactions: aauummm