KU gives Bill Self & Assistant a 4 Game Suspension

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Self in his next interview when asked about this.

Confused-Little-Girl-Is-At-Loss-For-Words.gif

CRCy17

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Chicago, IL

As a former coach (granted Self's on-the-road recruiting setup is way better than my JUCO coaching days) this sounds more like a reward than a punishment. A real punishment would have been for FORCE Self to be on the road recruiting, 3-4 nights a week, driving a school vehicle 3-4 hrs each way. Sounds like he just had a nice vacation from those responsibilities (not that it is that hard to recruit to Kansas anyway...)

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines

Also included:
  • The reduction of four official visits during this academic year and in 2023-24.
  • The reduction of three total scholarships in Men's Basketball; to be distributed over the next three years.
  • The implementation of a six-week ban on recruiting communications, a six-week ban on unofficial visits and a thirteen-day reduction in the number of permissible recruiting days during the 2022-23 calendar year.
  • No official visits for 2022 Late Night in the Phog.

• Informative
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm and Snydes

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I assume the suspend doesn't effect his pay in anyway. :rolleyes:

More laughable stuff from KU. Their only standard is don't get caught. NCAA only standard is don't catch Kansas and if someone else does and forces our hand we just slow walk it to death and mostly do nothing. #moneymoneymoney

Reactions: aauummm and Snydes

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I've never understood self imposed penalties. It would be like giving your kids their choice of punishment. To me, it also proves KU was guilty. If they were innocent they would have no need to self impose anything.

The only reason why you'd do this is to hopefully lessen the actual penalties when they are levied. Basically as a way to ask for leniency.

But lets be real, they're only doing this because they got caught, not because of the crime itself.

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
The idea of self imposed penalties is crazy. Think if that worked on real life.

“Hey Judge, I know you are about to sentence me for robbing a bank but I made up a self imposed punishment of 30 days in jail so no need to punish me.”

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011

Also included:
  • The reduction of four official visits during this academic year and in 2023-24.
  • The reduction of three total scholarships in Men's Basketball; to be distributed over the next three years.
  • The implementation of a six-week ban on recruiting communications, a six-week ban on unofficial visits and a thirteen-day reduction in the number of permissible recruiting days during the 2022-23 calendar year.
  • No official visits for 2022 Late Night in the Phog.
They need to get hit WAY harder than this for their transgressions.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

“Hey Judge, I know you are about to sentence me for robbing a bank but I made up a self imposed punishment of 30 days in jail so no need to punish me.”
Wake me up when the ncaa actually grows a nutsack and does something to Ku. They’ve been up to shady stuff for a decade and been caught, like what is the holdup at this point?

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

CloneJD

May 14, 2020

I believe the idea behind self-imposed penalties is to avoid a ‘Loss of Institutional Control’ charge by the NCAA.

Reactions: cyclone1209