KU @ ISU Gamethread

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
for the most parts both teams played great defense the entire game. we have come so far in such a short period of time. both teams played with a lot of effort. i really like our team and for the most part, dictated the tempo of this game, and had a great chance to win. we didn't make one play and they did. that was the difference.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Did Kansas ever lead by more than 8 pts??
I'll stay away from the 'what ifs'. In a close game you can always play the 'what if' game.
Even though our ESPN broadcast curse goes on, that was a game that definitely helped us by being on national tv.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Yeah, I feel far better as an Iowa State fan almost beating KU considering where we're at right now with this program than I would if I was a KU fan having to go to OT to beat ISU when my team was full of McDonald's All-Americans.

exactly, we are playing with the "scraps" of the recruiting pool and Kansas is beating off recruits with a stick because everybody wants to play there, or so they would have you believe

What and improvement from just one month ago.

Like I said before the game, this was a measuring stick game win or lose, but the next 2 games are definitely winnable, if we come to play during the next week (@ colorado and KState) and can win the games we should, this team will be on the right track for something special, all things considered

Last edited:

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
good effort guys, great game. just got beat by a great team with a lot of experience. congrats to ku, great effort clones! we didn't lose that game ku absolutely won it. was a great game.
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are a KU fan. You seem to act like this game was never in doubt.:baffled5wh:

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
Re: KU @ ISU Gamethread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsouth
is a game thread, post your comments, but dont tell me how to post mine. geez... sound like one of the ku posters.

we get it, you like KU. they got a board too.

them are fighting words dude, im an isu alumn, booster and fan. flame to somebody else.

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you are a KU fan. You seem to act like this game was never in doubt.:baffled5wh:

well obviously you DO know better dont you :laugh8kb:

guess i have more of a hockey philosophy. to quote chris chelios when asked why hockey players dont really talk smack like other sports. "i guess it is because we skate 35 miles an hour and carry sticks."

so ill just say great game and leave it at that.

Last edited:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Ok, guys, maybe it's time to take this argument to IM or Email.
Let's focus on the amazing effort and great game that we saw today.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
C McIntosh: 0-2 FG's, 1 assist(s), 2 turnovers, 2 fouls,1 steal, 0 points.

You won't win many big games with that production. Would love to see Dodie play the bulk of the minutes at PG, even if he still comes off the bench.

I also feel bad for Clark. He doesn't fit in with GMAC's offense at all and him staying here basicly ended any NBA chance he had. He's a class act for playing hard and accepting his role. Love his defense, he's come a long ways there. One of the best character guys in the program in the last several years IMO.

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
Clark disappearing has been one of the biggest surprises. Maybe disappearing isn't the right word since he does so many other things besides scoring but I have a ton of respect for him and the leadership he's been showing throughout the season and especially when everyone else was jumping ship in the offseason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron