KU @ ISU Gamethread

cpvarley

Jun 19, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
So Close, So Damn Close.

I know they are young, I know they are improving, but so damn close.

Come on State play better next time. You guys need to work on the free throws. They have to do better than 8 of 19. ISU will be back better and stronger.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
USC-UCLA Tim did his thing down three, 30 sec to go- they foul a 32% FT shooter, he misses 2, then USC makes a 3 AND GETS FOULED - shooting the And 1 right now

Balls

Mar 23, 2006
Iowa
We had them where we wanted and several opportunities to seal the game. However, in the end. great game... very proud of our team... all players... this is another indicator of things to come. We will only get better.

Go Clones!

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
Our free throw shooting sucked but KU's were just about as bad.

From the way we played defense today we're just another scorer away from being a pretty decent team. Taylor takes some really bad shots but part of that is because he's one of the few guys that can create them.

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
good effort guys, great game. just got beat by a great team with a lot of experience. congrats to ku, great effort clones! we didn't lose that game ku absolutely won it. was a great game.

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
What a fun game to watch, too bad it didn't turn out like we were hoping. This was my first full game that I've seen this year, and I was really impressed with Wes, Taylor, and Jiri. And our players don't give up, which is a breath of fresh air after the last couple years. McD really has this team on the right track, imagine what they'll be like when they add some stud players!

All I have to say about Kansas is what a waste of talent. They have so many outstanding players but don't really do much with them.

BigDISU1

Apr 10, 2006
Oskaloosa, Iowa
Even Rush is giving props to the Hilton crowd.

great game, didn't expect this one to be so close.

If we can bring this game in and game out, expect good things this season.

We took the #6 team in the nation to the limit on national TV with only 1 returning starter and 4 returning players from last year. Compare that to what Kansas brings to the table as far as players each season and you see what a great coach we have.

Lets go get the buffs.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Awesome game - expectations are now through the roof! Like someone mentioned earlier, lets not let a hangover happen for the next one.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Missed FT's brought back dark memories of last season. Still enjoyed the game and think ISU is going to be a big surprise in the Big 12. Hopefully these guys can move on and get a win midweek that needs to be won.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
All I have to say about Kansas is what a waste of talent. They have so many outstanding players but don't really do much with them.

Yeah, I feel far better as an Iowa State fan almost beating KU considering where we're at right now with this program than I would if I was a KU fan having to go to OT to beat ISU when my team was full of McDonald's All-Americans.