KU magic number: 1

clonetone

Feb 16, 2016
Amazing to me that after everything that has happened this season, KU's "magic number" is just 1 to continue the streak to 12 straight years of winning at least a share of the Big 12 regular season title. They can clinch it Saturday at home against Texas Tech (or at Texas or vs. Iowa State next week if needed, but you have to think it will be this weekend).

I hate KU and I thought this could be the year. But as ISU, OU, WVU, BU, etc. all stumbled, KU did not. So I tip my cap to KU and I hope again that ISU will be the one to end their streak whenever that might be.

And I hope ISU extends its own streak to 3 for consecutive wins of the Big 12 tournament title this year too.

Last edited:

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
It's KU's basketball world, the Big 12's just living in it. They are clutch. They come together when it matters and get the big time wins. They protect home court.

Ugh.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids

Bird. Bird is the word. :jimlad:

That being said, Bill Self is either a hell of a coach or a hell of a recruiter (or both). He also has something Prohm doesn't, a bench he trusts.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kan...57.2450j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/bench-scoring-lifts-kansas-state-past-iowa-state/

Until Prohm develops a bench he trusts on the floor to give the starters some minutes resting, ISU will continue to foul out of the lead and wear themselves out against teams with deeper benches.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Self has better players, more of them than others in the league, and he's a fine coach. AFH is in everyone's head as a place visitors lose. That's a pretty good formula for success.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I really hoped this would be the year that the Big 12 season champion would be decided by the Iowa State game at the Allen Fieldhouse. Even if we couldn't win it, I really hoped we could be the spoiler.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Does the Big 12 reward a trophy to the regular season champ?

sadly taken a few years ago. the glass bowls are league championship trophies.

6825005_orig.jpg

Last edited:

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
I'd love to see Iowa State knock Kansas off of its pedestal. However, if ISU doesn't do it I would be fine with any other team not named West Virginia. They do not deserve a Big 12 Title. They do not play basketball..