Kum & Gone

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
That's the #1 reason I don't like them. If I'm at a gas station I want to get in and out. I don't want to be in something that's borderline wal mart sized.
My elderly neighbor gets her groceries at Casey’s. Milk is cheaper than at our Hy-Vee and she can’t walk all the way to the back of Hy-Vee with her neuropathy.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
That's the #1 reason I don't like them. If I'm at a gas station I want to get in and out. I don't want to be in something that's borderline wal mart sized.
Yeah I guess I wasn't saying they were awesome...I'm like you, prefer the average gas station.

I was just blown away by how freaking large they were. You have to wonder how often they have fuel trucks coming in to fill tanks.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
For sure. Casey's has gotten awful. Half of the problem with Casey's is the clientele though too. Always gotta wait for the guy with a pile of scratchers.

I’ve noticed that urban/suburban Casey’s have kind of flipped their staffing to having the people that can stand up and don’t have any obvious physical issues to the Pizza/Food. So the checkout process is a snails pace now.

The Casey’s in LeRoy, IL is my favorite Casey’s.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I've never been and I'm sure it's an experience but from what I've seen Bucees is everything i hate about america and especially Texas lol. Oversized, tacky, bloated, car centric (duh). That said I bet they have some great grab and go food options like their brisket...

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I've never been and I'm sure it's an experience but from what I've seen Bucees is everything i hate about america and especially Texas lol. Oversized, tacky, bloated, car centric (duh). That said I bet they have some great grab and go food options like their brisket...
I've been to a few Buccee's - they're anything but tacky!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
And believe it or not, when pulling in and out of a place that big it still takes longer!
The one I stopped at near Daytona was a nightmare to get in and out of. Might have just been the novelty of it at the time, but several green/yellow/red light changes to get off the exit then a huge circular access drive. Felt like I was heading into the Super Walmart just for the dog treats in the far back corner.

Reactions: BryceC

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hmm..retiring and soon-to-be ex-wife becomes CEO? Heard there is a little more to the story. I think the thread title fit. Someone got caught doing something/one.

Googled Crystal I'd be good if she wanted to use me as a bounce back throw away.

Reactions: cycloner29