Kunc out 6 weeks with foot injury

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Watson's time to shine.

I'm not prepared to see Ward and Osun start at the 4/5 with no three point shooting around them...

I have no inside info, but I can’t imagine many scenarios when both are on the floor at the same time (unless Osun’s outside game is much better than advertised). Tre King at 4 seems infinitely more likely.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I have no inside info, but I can’t imagine many scenarios when both are on the floor at the same time (unless Osun’s outside game is much better than advertised). Tre King at 4 seems infinitely more likely.
We're going to see it, TJ has said as much, its especially likely while King is sitting.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
At least this is early in the summer. Didn't he get bit by the injury bug later last summer? I thought I remember hearing it was hard for him to get up to speed because of missing time when regular practices started up.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
At least this is early in the summer. Didn't he get bit by the injury bug later last summer? I thought I remember hearing it was hard for him to get up to speed bI
I'm pretty sure you are correct. Good memory. I remember last summer, asking the question, 'what's wrong with Kunc?' and 'how long will he be out?'

After a while I think there was a vague answer that he'd be back for the start of the season ('21-21), and what was it, some kind of 'foot problem'? I could be remembering that wrong.

Perhaps he had a foot problem last summer (season). Could this be the same foot? Or is it a different problem than last year entirely?

Maybe someone who knows more can shed some light. Anyway, good luck to Jaz in his procedure (whatever it is) and recovery.

Cjreimer

Apr 25, 2022
Bummer, but hopefully Jaz will take the time to rehab fully. Would rather it happen now than in the fall. He’s a spark plug and a difference maker. Can’t wait to see him back on the court.
Have a safe and complete recovery, Jaz!!

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I'm pretty sure you are correct. Good memory. I remember last summer, asking the question, 'what's wrong with Kunc?' and 'how long will he be out?'

After a while I think there was a vague answer that he'd be back for the start of the season ('21-21), and what was it, some kind of 'foot problem'? I could be remembering that wrong.

Perhaps he had a foot problem last summer (season). Could this be the same foot? Or is it a different problem than last year entirely?

Maybe someone who knows more can shed some light. Anyway, good luck to Jaz in his procedure (whatever it is) and recovery.
Pretty sure it was his back that Jaz was hampered by early last year. I could tell he was feeling 100% once he was consistently going after rebounds with both hands.

Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Pretty sure it was his back that Jaz was hampered by early last year. I could tell he was feeling 100% once he was consistently going after rebounds with both hands.
Thankyou. I honestly couldn't remember what it was.

I think it was probably the hot chicken wing dipping contest last summer that finally cleared "whatever" medical problem he had at the time. :)

Reactions: Cjreimer

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
No doubt the off season is crucial for developing skills. He wanted to be more of an offensive threat next year, more aggressive. People are down playing missing 6 weeks in lower body strength development and basketball skills development. It is very important. But injuries are part of the game, it is what it is. With or without an off season injury he will still be an important piece next year.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thankyou. I honestly couldn't remember what it was.

I think it was probably the hot chicken wing dipping contest last summer that finally cleared "whatever" medical problem he had at the time. :)
Did Jaz win that competition? I watched some of the segments, but can't recall. No adequate time right now to search it.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And here...I thought this thread was longer, LOL