KXNO Sports Fanatics

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
There are a lot of Creighton fans that bought tickets just like Iowa State fans did when we hosted. Creighton fans will 100% be pulling for Drake.
Everybody who is not an ISU fan will be pulling for the other team. Generally how it works when you are the top seed. But they aren't true fans of the other team and support is not going to be as boisterous. It's still going to be a very pro ISU crowd with the number of fans we'll bring.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
What's annoying is the #2 seed should be awarded with a close site against teams that are NOT close. Now ISU fans will lose tix to Drake/SDSU.

• Haha
Reactions: Nihawk

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
I normally don't listen to the morning show but I'm going to extra not listen to the morning show this week because it's going to be insufferable with the potential Drake matchup.
It was literally in the 30 seconds I landed on the station as CBS sports was on commercial and ESPN was talking about the Justin Fields trade. Quickly went back to enjoying an approved by joe dot com ad.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Even people that don't need money like getting more money.
giphy.gif

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Tuned in this morning just out of curiosity. The talk about us getting omaha and griping. We were always getting omaha after this weekend.

The gripe is we should of at least been 2 in Midwest. They talked like 1st 2nd round sites are tied to a region when they are clearly not.

The lack of intelligence on this issue is baffling.
I am stunned by the number of people that don’t seem to get this.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
What's annoying is the #2 seed should be awarded with a close site against teams that are NOT close. Now ISU fans will lose tix to Drake/SDSU.

Current Prices and the scarcity of resale tickets are clearly reflecting this. Yes, we will have fans there but it's not going to be like it should.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Current Prices and the scarcity of resale tickets are clearly reflecting this. Yes, we will have fans there but it's not going to be like it should.
I really don't think people are buying tickets for Drake/SDSU. I would be shocked if it didn't feel like a home game(s) the first two rounds.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013

Another thing to remember is that Drake, Iowa State, BYU, and Illinois will all sell out of their allotments.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
So we are seriously worried about Creighton fans not selling their tickets which combined are probably worth in excess of $1,000+ because they want to come and support their former assistant coach?

Our excuse making has officially jumped the shark. People will sell those tickets. And the ones that don't are going to be there just to watch, not to yell and scream in favor of their former assistant coach.
Yeah, i agree....sure, some local folks may have bought to experience the tourney and may keep and will wear blue just because they were going anyway.

But as you said, some will make money and move one.

I think it's obvious in the Big 12 tourney it was totally our fans.

We will likely have more fans at Omaha than a random other site which is all we can ask for.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
End of the day just need to win. Get to the Sweet 16 and none of this matters.
Exactly. And we are a #2 seed (and some thought could be #1)....so we should feel no worries about these teams at this point.

Help Support Us

Become a patron