KXNO Sports Fanatics

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah that whole segment was cringe.
It really should have been no more than 5-10 minute conversation as he brought up some good points and examples to back his argument. But he was still rambling on about it when I got out of the car at 7:30 and had turned it into abiut a 30 minute topic at that point.

Ready for the WNBA draft to be over and not have CC dominate local sports talk every day. Unfortunately it's going to be the slow season over the summer so it probably will continue to be a daily topic to fill time. It's sad that the morning and late afternoon shows struggle to fill time with decent topics when 1 of the hosts arr out. Ross can carry a show by himself but Travis can't and I don't think Heather and Sean do much better when solo either. A lot of that is the lack of quality fill in hosts and especially the morning show has no regular guests to fill time with most days either. That is how Miller is able to keep things going without taking calls most of the show is he has regular guests on to fill the time and keep things on schedule.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I don't know that I've ever been in a restaurant (and we eat out a ton) where you sit close enough to 5 other tables to make out even part of a conversation at more than 2... most the time you might be able to isolate one or two very distinct voices.
You've obviously never been to Christopher's then. That's where he was eating at.

He's actually right, beyond Hawkeyereport, CycloneFanatic, and whatever garbage you guys listen to on KXNO, the rest of us can actually have a civilized discussion about it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
You've obviously never been to Christopher's then. That's where he was eating at.

He's actually right, beyond Hawkeyereport, CycloneFanatic, and whatever garbage you guys listen to on KXNO, the rest of us can actually have a civilized discussion about it.

Caitkanda Forever!

• Haha
Reactions: madguy30

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

I guess maybe there are places where 6 tables are squished into a 10 foot square area, my bad. But that would make the noise all the more overwhelming to try and distinguish.

Nobody is saying it can't or shouldn't be the majority topic right now, absolutely understand that. It's these life changing, God-like "stories" that go way overboard and call into question either the story itself or the need to make her sound like the second-coming.

I truly understand being obsessed with something for a while, but there's also a point where you just sound creepy as ****.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Could someone explain this to me? If I had to guess he’s talking about “racism” towards Clark? wtf?
Yeah, didn't you know all of us middle-aged white males living in a nearly all-white state have a huge bias against white people? It's another attempt to make others out to be a villain and somebody a victim just to create controversy.

Last edited:

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I guess maybe there are places where 6 tables are squished into a 10 foot square area, my bad. But that would make the noise all the more overwhelming to try and distinguish.
Not really, Christopher's is more dark and quiet than the average restaurant so it's plausible. I do find it a little suspicious and suspect he embellished the part of seeing many ISU fans there.

I eat there all the time and unless there's a game I don't see any ISU gear. I can't imagine there would be alot of people repping ISU gear there on a random Monday night in April.

I'll agree, the media is obsessed with the story, that's why I don't listen to the local news or KXNO for a decade now. They are going to talk about whatever gets them the most listeners or viewers, very similar how the media refuses to stop covering a certain political candidate. Controversy sells.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Not really, Christopher's is more dark and quiet than the average restaurant so it's plausible. I do find it a little suspicious and suspect he embellished the part of seeing many ISU fans there.

I eat there all the time and unless there's a game I don't see any ISU gear. I can't imagine there would be alot of people repping ISU gear there on a random Monday night in April.

I'll agree, the media is obsessed with the story, that's why I don't listen to the local news or KXNO for a decade now. They are going to talk about whatever gets them the most listeners or viewers, very similar how the media refuses to stop covering a certain political candidate. Controversy sells.
Fully agree. I don't ever listen to talk radio because it's a circular discussion of the same topics for hours on end and it's both boring and frustrating to me.

I completely understand the constant talk about what is currently the biggest story in sports - absolutely makes sense. But where it becomes bonkers is when the stories start sounding like how my 8 year old sensationalizes everything to the point of disbelief. You can talk something up and recognize it for what it is without making obviously grandiose statements to make it sound even more over the top.

• Winner
Reactions: NoCreativity

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Yeah, didn't you know all of us middle-aged white males living in a nearly all-white state have a huge bias against white people? It's another attempt to make others out to be a villain and somebody a victim just to create controversy.
I figured he's talking about the WNBA players/African American talking heads claiming she's not the GOAT, not just ISU fans.. There's been a lot of hawk fan mumblings that her being white is the only reason for all the haters/greats who won't call her the GOAT.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Could someone explain this to me? If I had to guess he’s talking about “racism” towards Clark? wtf?
There are a lot of black commentators that hold Clark to a higher standard than other players. It probably is racist on some level, but I guess I can't really be bothered to care. Caitlin Clark is not being held back in this world because she's white.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

I've been to Christophers -- lots of times as a matter of fact.

I can't recall ever hearing other people's private conversations at other tables

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I've been to Christophers -- lots of times as a matter of fact.

I can't recall ever hearing other people's private conversations at other tables

Even if you can hear others, I tend to not eavesdrop on others’ conversations when out to eat. Only remember something like that if the other person/party is being loud and obnoxious.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
There are a lot of black commentators that hold Clark to a higher standard than other players. It probably is racist on some level, but I guess I can't really be bothered to care. Caitlin Clark is not being held back in this world because she's white.
I can't comment on that because I don't listen to them to know, so assume you're correct.

I do however remember after last year's Championship game where a certain black player was absolutely ridiculed to death for doing the exact same things that a white Clark had done several times that very season. Seemed both were bad sports, but only one took all the heat while the other had excuse after excuse.

Help Support Us

Become a patron