KXNO Sports Fanatics

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I do feel like people are over sensitive to the whole coverage thing but I will say this... I've been an avid KXNO listener for a long time and certain shows didn't give Iowa State the coverage the program deserved this past basketball season. It was all about Clark and since Iowa hoops was terrible they chose to gloss over Iowa State as well. I don't care which way to cut it, it's poor coverage and they either need to improve or they will end up on the Iheart chopping block again.
There's also times where @Al_4_State and I have corrected people in this thread about what was said on the shows. Happened multiple times, they come in here and post what they thought they heard, several haven't listened and then just eat up the lies that were posted

I am making this up as an example but this will give you the gist of what I am talking about. Keith Murphy just said Iowa State sux! What he really said? Iowa State played an awesome game, dominated the statistics but Keith pointed out a bad possession which even Cyclone fans were laughing about.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
I'm confused. Some sort of joke pointed at JP, I assume?

No. He read an article from the BBC that said Iowa State, allegedly.

Ken went on a whole thing of “good for Jamie Pollard” and how Ken and Jamie have had their differences but this is top notch.

It was embarrassing to listen to someone who is supposed to be informing the masses, be so uninformed.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

Ken went on a whole thing of “good for Jamie Pollard” and how Ken and Jamie have had their differences but this is top notch.

It was embarrassing to listen to someone who is supposed to be informing the masses, be so uninformed.

I'd seen it before the show and based off the source it had to be mistaken name and to hear him credit it as legit had me laughing my *** off.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006

It was uncomfortable for a minute or two. Condon was like “WTF are you talking about?”

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
There's also times where @Al_4_State and I have corrected people in this thread about what was said on the shows. Happened multiple times, they come in here and post what they thought they heard, several haven't listened and then just eat up the lies that were posted

I am making this up as an example but this will give you the gist of what I am talking about. Keith Murphy just said Iowa State sux! What he really said? Iowa State played an awesome game, dominated the statistics but Keith pointed out a bad possession which even Cyclone fans were laughing about.

Yep I don't disagree with ya there.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018

Ken is drunk or hungover half the time. Have you seen his boozed out liquor nose?

• Useful
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
It is kind of funny how if you ask Hawk fans who the GOAT is in the NBA, most will say Jordan because of all the ships....yet the goalpost changes when you ask about WBB.

Beyond that, I don't know why we have to have a GOAT convo...other than its lazy low hanging fruit for talk shows.

CC elevated the game of WBB and that's what I'll take most from her "legacy." I don't care for her antics, don't care how the media acted like she can cure cancer, and I don't care for Iowa fans whose sense of self worth is tied up in her success. What I care about is a sport that I enjoy getting more and more notoriety.

And side note, props to ISU and fans for making women's basketball a constant top 10 attendance school for over a generation (imagine if the media ever acknowledged that!)

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
JP will be on M&A again tomorrow. Murph gone all week and I think Andy really likes Pollard. I think they said to tweet him questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj4cy

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
JP will be on M&A again tomorrow. Murph gone all week and I think Andy really like Pollard. I think they said to tweet him questions.

Going to pass. I can take it when Murph is there but not Andy, but when it's the other way around it's so bad. Often he needs an out of the box topic to fill air time.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
They really have a poll of NBA playoffs vs WNBA games. Unreal.
No one in this market cares about the NBA. ISU fans are super proud of the success our guys are having, but very few of us actually tune in.

Half of this market suddenly cares about the WNBA and will continue to hang on CC's every move until Iowa MBB is relevant again.