KXNO Sports Fanatics

DBQR4CY

Jun 7, 2013
Ankeny(By way of Dubuque)
Sad to hear this but Chris pours a lot out into these shows and there's hours that go into this show other than the airtime. Good for him, you don't get this time back with your family.

I think Emery Songer would be a great replacement. I wonder if Peterson stays...he has his other career going for him now too.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Stans or Blum would be my choice.
I can't imagine Stans or Blum having super great rapport with Ross like CW did/does. Blum is almost too clone for local sports talk radio, if that's possible. I like that he is that way, but there would be a large segment of listeners who would boycott the show if it were Blum IMO. Stans has been a decent guest on the show, but seems like the age gap between him and Ross would be tough to overcome on a daily basis.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I can't imagine Stans or Blum having super great rapport with Ross like CW did/does. Blum is almost too clone for local sports talk radio, if that's possible. I like that he is that way, but there would be a large segment of listeners who would boycott the show if it were Blum IMO. Stans has been a decent guest on the show, but seems like the age gap between him and Ross would be tough to overcome on a daily basis.
Blum would own Ross.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Blum would own Ross.
Oh, totally agree. I know the show is supposed to center around the instate rivalry, but CW and Ross would rarely register above pillow fight when talking about the opposing side, and were very polite and courteous to one another. Not sure if Blum could hold back, not that I would want him to.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Haven't been in the market since way before CW, but tuned in online a few times to hear some Iowa sports takes.
Tuning in one last time for fun.

PS - Jack is not awesome.

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
Oh, totally agree. I know the show is supposed to center around the instate rivalry, but CW and Ross would rarely register above pillow fight when talking about the opposing side, and were very polite and courteous to one another. Not sure if Blum could hold back, not that I would want him to.
It would be a better show if they found two hosts who were willing to butt heads without hating each other once off air

Help Support Us

Become a patron