KXNO Sports Fanatics

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I will never understand the lengths our fans will go to distort reality to maintain this uniquely high level of butthurtedness.
I hope it’s just how they are on the internet. I’m not sure how some make it through an entire day without being miserable.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Fans acting like fans on a fan site message board? Sound the alarm.

I kind of dislike the “we should be a more refined, pinky in the air style of fan base” people.

Ya we have a chip on our shoulder, ya we don’t like Hok talk, ya I don’t want my AD propping up these terrible radio shows that generally **** on us. **** off.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I kind of dislike the “we should be a more refined, pinky in the air style of fan base” people.

Ya we have a chip on our shoulder, ya we don’t like Hok talk, ya I don’t want my AD propping up these terrible radio shows that generally **** on us. **** off.
thats kinda where im at

why does jamie even do these radio shows a favor by going on? does going on a dying medium actually help ISU athletics in any way?

if jamie wanted to get ISU relevant information out there he could call CW and get on a pod same day if he wanted

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Even when talking ISU that can't keep CC out of their mouths unreal.

In full disclosure I didn't listen, but if the question was what can CC do for the WNBA, which could very much impact ISU. If the WNBA can use CC's popularity and strengthen itself perhaps there will be more opportunities for ISU players post ISU. If phrased that way it is a fair question. I doubt it was though.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

Isn't there a happier medium between pinky in the air and complaining at every opportunity that the world is out to get little ol Iowa State, including our own athletic director? I like being an underdog. I don't like that our fans throw a fit about every perceived slight.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
My question wasn’t brought up, How big of a circle jerk do you guys have every time CC’s name is mentioned? I wonder why?

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
M&A just had the Pacer’s GM on. Asked more questions/ spent more time on Connor and Clark than they did on Tyrese.

• Wow
Reactions: Tailg8er

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
M&A just had the Pacer’s GM on. Asked more questions/ spent more time on Connor and Clark than they did on Tyrese.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand local radio not focusing on professional stars who played college ball here. I think the CC coverage gets old as much as the next guy, but I also get it. Grew up here, went to high school here, played college ball here, etc. I can understand why that generates more local interest than a guy that played here 2 years, one of which was the most depressing season of basketball in Iowa State history.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand local radio not focusing on professional stars who played college ball here. I think the CC coverage gets old as much as the next guy, but I also get it. Grew up here, went to high school here, played college ball here, etc. I can understand why that generates more local interest than a guy that played here 2 years, one of which was the most depressing season of basketball in Iowa State history.

But what does the Pacers GM have to do with that?

• Winner
Reactions: Cyrocks and Acylum

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Yeah. No point in talking about one of the best players in the league who just happened to play for ISU. Use his time to talk about their film editor and a WNBA player.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Sooo maybe bring on the GM for the Fever and talk about Clark

Edit: It also fits their narrative. They can ask some guy who has nothing to do with Clark a question about her and he will respond. That way they can say, "See I told you all that everyone is talking about Clark."

Last edited: