GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Yeah, I know. That was a jerkface way for me to incite fear when opening this thread. o_O

Holy crap though, CW and the whole crew, very well done this fall. Over the past few years I've noticed several darts thrown at the board trying out new content ideas, new formats, many of which weren't sustainable with the level of staffing, or simply didn't garner enough traffic to make it worthwhile. But they were clearly building towards something more comprehensive.

Fast forward to the new site, new features, well-rounded staff, and enough content of all media formats to actually push me to the edge of Cyclone overload - yes, the use of "overload" was entirely facetious - for the first time I actually do find myself having to schedule time at night to get through all of the published content. Chris published that piece a few weeks back on all the things to look forward to this season from the CycloneFantatic.com content side, and without a doubt that excitement and pride was spot on and is well-deserved. So through the usual bickering across the forums, the push for double-digit unnamed sources, and flippant, kool-aid drinking homerism, I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you to the whole CycloneFanatic.com staff for the incredible service you're creating for the Iowa State community.

Carry on! #cyclONEnation

---

One final thought...I know bball and fball get the pageviews and pay the bills, but as we approach the Olympic sports seasons kicking off, I have a little wishlist suggestion that I would love to see some more "Off the Record" podcasts. Those have been refreshing introductions to our coaches, and players, and the programs they lead. I would enjoy getting a peek behind the scenes like that with track & field, wrestling, etc...

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Yeah, I know. That was a jerkface way for me to incite fear when opening this thread. o_O

Holy crap though, CW and the whole crew, very well done this fall. Over the past few years I've noticed several darts thrown at the board trying out new content ideas, new formats, many of which weren't sustainable with the level of staffing, or simply didn't garner enough traffic to make it worthwhile. But they were clearly building towards something more comprehensive.

Fast forward to the new site, new features, well-rounded staff, and enough content of all media formats to actually push me to the edge of Cyclone overload - yes, the use of "overload" was entirely facetious - for the first time I actually do find myself having to schedule time at night to get through all of the published content. Chris published that piece a few weeks back on all the things to look forward to this season from the CycloneFantatic.com content side, and without a doubt that excitement and pride was spot on and is well-deserved. So through the usual bickering across the forums, the push for double-digit unnamed sources, and flippant, kool-aid drinking homerism, I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you to the whole CycloneFanatic.com staff for the incredible service you're creating for the Iowa State community.

Carry on! #cyclONEnation

---

One final thought...I know bball and fball get the pageviews and pay the bills, but as we approach the Olympic sports seasons kicking off, I have a little wishlist suggestion that I would love to see some more "Off the Record" podcasts. Those have been refreshing introductions to our coaches, and players, and the programs they lead. I would enjoy getting a peek behind the scenes like that with track & field, wrestling, etc...

I almost had a heart attack when I read this thread title.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
Agreed. My favs so far have been CFTV Live (video) and barely audible podcast. Especially appreciate a lot of podcast content when holiday weekends roll around because I save it up for long drives! I hope Bball season has more of the same!