Land O Lakes changing "Racist" packaging

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/land-o-lakes-drops-native-american-image-packaging

upload_2020-4-17_7-15-29.png

As I get older, it's a little sad to see things associated with my childhood disappear. As a kid, I remember a friend that showed how cutting out her knees the same size as the butter she was holding and moving it up, gave us the closest thing we could get to a dirty picture. Kids nowadays don't need imagination they just jump on the internet and find things I could never imagine! o_O

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I'm not sure how this is racist. They use MR Clean as a bald white guy. Lot's of races are used for packaging. Also, ask a couple of my indian friends last night if they were offended by this and they said no and they are not sure how it's racist. OH well.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
View attachment 71226

As I get older, it's a little sad to see things associated with my childhood disappear. As a kid, I remember a friend that showed how cutting out her knees the same size as the butter she was holding and moving it up, gave us the closest thing we could get to a dirty picture. Kids nowadays don't need imagination they just jump on the internet and find things I could never imagine! o_O[/QUOTE]

thinking of you in these times. hope you can get through this change *prayers*

Reactions: jmeeksISU

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Wow, has anyone ever stopped to think that when a company chooses a logo or a sports team chooses a mascot it is something they respect and are proud of?
I doubt LOL said "Let's make fun of Native Americans by putting one on our flagship product".

If I were a Native American I'd feel flattered. Right after I negotiated a licensing agreement.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/land-o-lakes-drops-native-american-image-packaging

View attachment 71226

As I get older, it's a little sad to see things associated with my childhood disappear. As a kid, I remember a friend that showed how cutting out her knees the same size as the butter she was holding and moving it up, gave us the closest thing we could get to a dirty picture. Kids nowadays don't need imagination they just jump on the internet and find things I could never imagine! o_O
We had the hidden contraband otherwise known as Playboy and the ladies undergarment section of the Sears catalog to discover the hidden secrets of the female anatomy. But that was the mid-60s. Things certainly changed.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Wonder if Indian people are thinking what did we do. We used to have County's, Sports Teams, used to be on advertisement packaging and named after us, but since a bunch of white people got offeneded they took us off everything.

Reactions: aauummm

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
This is a Minnesota based company. Why are they getting milk from California? Isn't Wisconsin right next door? Sure, the Wisconsin stuff is probably 40 proof but it's still America's Dairyland.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
This is an outrage! I'm going to go throw all of my butter out. Right on the pile with all of my Nike gear and my Keurig! How dare they respond to an evolving market!

So, you are calling his statements outrage? Escalated that a little quick don't you think?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Iowa is just going to go the Prince route and turn ourselves into a symbol
This seems like a good one:
4e51c3df645ef.image.jpg

Reactions: Cycho1 and JM4CY