Latest from Orangebloods. Congress may intervene if superconferences take shape...

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Re: Latest from Orangebloods. Congress may intervene if superconferences take shape..

That was a good read. Hopefully Notre Dame just budges and the Big 10 stops at 12. We stay in a BCS conference (even though it may be like a soap opera) and Deace loses his month long hard on.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Re: Latest from Orangebloods. Congress may intervene if superconferences take shape..

Sounds like Texa$ (aka Orangebloods... I'm pretty sure Chip has at least an assistant AD feeding him info) is calling Nebby's bluff.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

That was a good read. Hopefully Notre Dame just budges and the Big 10 stops at 12. We stay in a BCS conference (even though it may be like a soap opera) and Deace loses his month long hard on.

Talk about blue balls...

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny

BYU and Air Force as replacements for Colorado and Mizzou...Not sure I think that is a really great move. Although I don't think it would really matter because I think Nebraska is gone.

On a related note, it makes me mad that Colorado is even in discussion of conference expansion. Tell me one thing Colorado offers better than ISU. And proximity to the PAC10 doesn't count.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

BYU and Air Force as replacements for Colorado and Mizzou...Not sure I think that is a really great move. Although I don't think it would really matter because I think Nebraska is gone.

On a related note, it makes me mad that Colorado is even in discussion of conference expansion. Tell me one thing Colorado offers better than ISU. And proximity to the PAC10 doesn't count.

An institutional culture that meshes well?

jtdoyle1

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA

Denver

Reactions: becrisgreg

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008

Colorado's athletic department is a MESS, but they have Denver.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Did you see this?
In another development, one source inside the Big 12 told Orangebloods.com Tuesday Colorado was expected to have a major announcement as early as Wednesday. But that announcement turned out to be with regard to scholarship reductions for the Colorado football and basketball programs because of substandard NCAA APR (Academic Progress Rates).

Hope that this is not hitting the fan this week for all schools.

Question for all/ Lee Barnecht wrote an ISYUU article Monday night. He must have been at the tailgate zoo event with JP. Was Lee quoting JP about the nebraska invite? Just some thing to think about. Like sometimes it is good to lay a little dynamite along the road before the big show starts....

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames

It's worse case scenario for Deace. As a Michigan fan, he does not want ND in the league. As an on air sports voice in central Iowa, Deace, Miller, and Perrault all very much want Nebraska to the Big 10 to happen. If it doesn't, Perrault and some of his OWH cronies might be looking for a new job along side Beebe.

And Osborn and the Nebraska lawmakers will have to start paying back the money they already started spending.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames

I have retail stores in Denver. Surprisingly, not to many people in Denver really care that much about the Buffs.....

Broncos, Skiing, Rockies, Avs, Nuggets,....Buffs

I'm sure they will count their TV's, but that is a mistake.

I'm sure Zubin could back that up....

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

More eyeballs = more $$$

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Did you see this?

Hope that this is not hitting the fan this week for all schools.

Question for all/ Lee Barnecht wrote an ISYUU article Monday night. He must have been at the tailgate zoo event with JP. Was Lee quoting JP about the nebraska invite? Just some thing to think about. Like sometimes it is good to lay a little dynamite along the road before the big show starts....

Colorado is the only FB program to take a hit and one of two for MBB.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008

More eyeballs = more $$$

Oragnebloods is the mouth piece for Deloss Dodds and Texas. Texas is trying to keep the Big 12 together by getting Neb to stay, and that is their whole agenda, so Orangebloods has become the go to source for this. Unreal.

Fascinating stuff though.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

I have retail stores in Denver. Surprisingly, not to many people in Denver really care that much about the Buffs.....

Broncos, Skiing, Rockies, Avs, Nuggets,....Buffs

I'm sure they will count their TV's, but that is a mistake.

I'm sure Zubin could back that up....

Same arguement has been made regarding Rutgers and NYC, but that hasn't stopped it from being the case for.

Although admitttedly that talk has really ceased, hasn't it.

isubeatle

Aug 9, 2006
Des Moines

i thought Denver was a pro team town(broncos) and didn't really give a crap about the CU.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA

More dirty hippies and better weed? Scummy coaches (like Tircky Ricky and Barnett)? Yeah, I've got nothing...

:biglaugh:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

Yeah I get that, but you would think it would matter what they eyeballs actually are looking at.
Snowboard eyeballs are always out on the slopes. Too busy to watch.