~LATEST WEATHER MAP~

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
yikes. Hopefully golf league will still be on tomorrow night. :)

-keep

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Yeah, but head east on the map, and it looks like it's gonna be downright NASTY in Lansing tonite...

403d1179950264-latest-weather-map-centgrtlakes_loop.gif

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Geez, how many more rainout nights of softball are we going to get this spring... Twice on Sundays already, this will be the second for Wednesdays now too. And with the Holiday weekend means about 10 days between games which is no fun when your teams are finally starting to hit the ball well lately then have a long layoff.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Wow, if that isn't the straightest line of storms I've ever seen -- headed straight towards Ames!

I realize how much damage these things do to rural parts, but it's been while since I've seen a "good" thunderstorm.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
We're getting dumped on here in Carroll - including pea-size hail. Please, no more water in our basement!

If it rains a lot in a short time your basement should be fine. If you get 2 inches in 1 hour a lot of that just runs off. Those several inches we got a few weeks ago was the "soaking" kind where it rained nearly all day for a few days in a row.

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
If it rains a lot in a short time your basement should be fine. If you get 2 inches in 1 hour a lot of that just runs off. Those several inches we got a few weeks ago was the "soaking" kind where it rained nearly all day for a few days in a row.

Good to know... It's still raining, but not as hard and so far, no water in the basement!

(Looks like I'll be mowing tomorrow for sure:rolleyes5cz:)

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
Holy crap. That is a LOT of rain. I was in the cafeteria eating dinner, and it was like somebody flipped a switch- one moment there was nothing in the sky but evil-looking clouds, and three seconds later you couldn't see further than 50 feet because of how heavily the rain was falling. I had to sprint 40 yards from the building to my car. I made it in about 8 seconds flat, and I still got soaked head to foot. My shoes were squishing! Oh well, it's just symbolic of the storm we're bringing to Lansing, right? Cy is encouraging us.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Holy crap. That is a LOT of rain. I was in the cafeteria eating dinner, and it was like somebody flipped a switch- one moment there was nothing in the sky but evil-looking clouds, and three seconds later you couldn't see further than 50 feet because of how heavily the rain was falling. I had to sprint 40 yards from the building to my car. I made it in about 8 seconds flat, and I still got soaked head to foot. My shoes were squishing! Oh well, it's just symbolic of the storm we're bringing to Lansing, right? Cy is encouraging us.
A 40 in 8.0? That's the worst 40 time I've heard quoted on here!

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Just heard on the radio that the part of Minneapolis had 100mph winds and 2 3/4" hail. Glad we didn't get that mess

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
1/2 inch of rain in my rain gauge here in the Beaverdale area. Pretty much passed through pretty quick around 6:15 I think. I hear some rumbling from the West though so probably more coming in a bit

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
ok, a clap of thunder just exploded over my house a couple minutes ago. All I can say is, thank god that I was already sitting on the pot. I thought a bomb went off.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
ok, a clap of thunder just exploded over my house a couple minutes ago. All I can say is, thank god that I was already sitting on the pot. I thought a bomb went off.

There were two close ones to campus where I saw the bolt and heard the thunder nearly simultaneously. Nearly soiled my pants there.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron