Latrell Bankston was huge!

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
Loved Latrell Bangston’s post-game comments crediting team culture for today’s achievements - for the team and for him personally. And laying that to the support of the coaching staff.

Recruits have to notice this whole team win today and the unprecedented rise of Iowa State Cyclone football!

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Love how so many players can get their 'DGAF' on and want to make a play in the current ISU football era.

Will McDonald should be in this discussion as it generally takes an Olineman tackling him to keep him from making plays.

I try to see past the refs for earning the win but that was some **** on non-calls out there. Ref may as well have yelled '2!' for the take down.

I see him get put in a headlock at least 3 times a game with no call. It is just crazy.
i

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The DL didn't get a ton of pressure most of the game but they sold out on that last drive. Having some depth there was huge at keeping them fresh late and is something that would typically swing in UT's favor. They are the unsung heroes of this team.

• Love
Reactions: t-noah

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
The DL didn't get a ton of pressure most of the game but they sold out on that last drive. Having some depth there was huge at keeping them fresh late and is something that would typically swing in UT's favor. They are the unsung heroes of this team.
I noticed the front seven usually had someone spying Ehlinger. Just loitering there right behind the d-line, rather than adding another rusher.

In retrospect, I’m not sure how effective that was. Well...effective enough to win!

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Had a mistake on that FG earlier in the game, but came back huge instead of sulking. Happy for him and this team.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hey Bankston was awesome but huge would be that 340+ Texas threw out there to defend the middle.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
I thought Zach Peterson has played well last 2 games...This game will Mcd was getting doubled a lot and he’s esecially good when we line with 4 DL and he’s standing edge..which we didn’t do this game. Worked out in the end but I feel like we should have rushed 4 a lot more..

• Agree
Reactions: Snydes and 83cy

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
I noticed the front seven usually had someone spying Ehlinger. Just loitering there right behind the d-line, rather than adding another rusher.

In retrospect, I’m not sure how effective that was. Well...effective enough to win!

I thought that was primarily on the last couple of drives. It worked well, especially when our secondary covered tight. We just didn’t play well on 3rd and long.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The stat line typically doesn't show it for a d-lineman but he SHOULD be your B12 D-POW. That guy was a major reason we won that game. Hats off to that young man.
Great game Latrell! You didn't win the game single-handedly but you dug several Large holes into which Texas fell in!! One in particular at the end!

Great win boys!!

Reactions: Aclone

great2baclone

May 7, 2014
Minus Latrell the D line - pass rushing wise - was actually kinda disappointing.

Thrilled we won!! His sack made that a super difficult kick and was critical.

Because they were getting tackled after beating the tackles and the ref missed it each time except once. The whole last drive could have been holding on Will McDonald! SMH