Lazer 103.3

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Maybe I missed it, but what happened to Amy on the morning show? I know she's been gone for a couple weeks now and when she first disappeared BSox and Moose weren't saying anything.

Does anyone have any information? I just thought of it this morning and was curious.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
#TeamTara

Anyway, I have no idea what happened. Maybe Amy moved to another station or something.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I like Tara. She seems alright. Amy could have moved on but it was just weird when callers would ask about her they would get cut off immediately and the DJs would tell the listeners to stay on topic.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well, there's not much that can be done about it at this point. I would only venture a guess that Amy left on bad terms, but who knows.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I thought it had something to do with Colleen from the 102.5 morning show going through chemo for breast cancer and Amy covering for her over there.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
i am pretty sure she went over to 93.3 with Maxwell. i heard her over there one day when it was on at work, I swear

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I think the better question is who even listens to 103.3 anymore? That station in the late 90's to the early 2000's was great. Always playing new rock and never playing crap like Guns N Roses. Satellite radio is worth every penny, especially if you live in Des Moines.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I think the better question is who even listens to 103.3 anymore? That station in the late 90's to the early 2000's was great. Always playing new rock and never playing crap like Guns N Roses. Satellite radio is worth every penny, especially if you live in Des Moines.

I just use Spotify premium and plug my phone in anymore. I'll listen to Lazer whenever I happen to forget my USB cable, but other than that it's all playlists that I put together for myself. I don't mind older stuff (I've got plenty of Hendrix, plus one or two songs each from The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, and Aerosmith), but most of my music is no older than Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I just use Spotify premium and plug my phone in anymore. I'll listen to Lazer whenever I happen to forget my USB cable, but other than that it's all playlists that I put together for myself.

That's a solid option as well.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I do. I think they play a good mix of new rock and old rock. My wife has satellite radio in her car and I hate it. I like the local flavor and the personalities on local radio (except BSox, he doesn't know crap about half the stuff he tries to talk about).

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
I just use Spotify premium and plug my phone in anymore. I'll listen to Lazer whenever I happen to forget my USB cable, but other than that it's all playlists that I put together for myself. I don't mind older stuff (I've got plenty of Hendrix, plus one or two songs each from The Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, and Aerosmith), but most of my music is no older than Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

If you have amazon prime, check out their streaming music as well. Basically the same thing as pandora one with 'stations' and thumbs up/down personalization (not that familiar with Spotify, so maybe similar). I have been listening to it quite a bit, although only a few 'stations'.

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Like someone else posted, I like the local flavor. I had satelite radio for awhile but I don't drive that much so ditched it.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I listened to the Lazer morning show for a little bit a few months back. I swear my IQ dropped 4 points. BSox seems like a real tool.

ISUKing

Apr 27, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I do. I think they play a good mix of new rock and old rock. My wife has satellite radio in her car and I hate it. I like the local flavor and the personalities on local radio (except BSox, he doesn't know crap about half the stuff he tries to talk about).

This is why I stopped listening in the mornings

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
BSox is a Hawk fan too. Though that should be obvious with how he sounds.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I should state that I don't listen to talk radio unless it's sports radio. Then, I'll listen to the local stations. I'm talking from a pure music standpoint.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If you have amazon prime, check out their streaming music as well. Basically the same thing as pandora one with 'stations' and thumbs up/down personalization (not that familiar with Spotify, so maybe similar). I have been listening to it quite a bit, although only a few 'stations'.

Is there a song skip limit on the Amazon Prime service?

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008

Speaking of Satellite Radio, what the heck happened to it? I had my daughters car for a few days and she has it. I listened to it and they talk and promote crap all the time. I had it a few years ago and there was no talking or promotions just music. And it seems, except for the Deep Tracks station they play the same thing they did years ago. Very disappointed.