Leach Fired

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Wow. TT will not find anyone who can do what Leach has. I'm curious what their fans think of this.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
How quick of a decline do you think that program will have? It seems like the middle of the pack for the Big 12 keeps getting more ripe for the taking.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
So nice to see this type of crap at other schools and feel like we are moving up the right way. I guess that $800,000 bonus he would receive tomorrow played a big hand in doing this today...

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
How quick of a decline do you think that program will have? It seems like the middle of the pack for the Big 12 keeps getting more ripe for the taking.

After how they treated Leach they will not get a proven coach. My guess is that they are better than, well, possibly no one in the South next year. This is going to be ugly in Lubbock. The fanbase will not like this and I think there will be some attrition in the program. This is total BS. The AD wanted him gone, found an excuse, and did it. There will be a lawsuit. Mike Leach will be coaching next year if he wishes, and TT will not be very good. We may have added a win to our total next year today guys. I am serious. Mike Leach was the key to TT. He took QBs that were not NFL worthy and made them some of the best in college.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I wonder if his assistants will stick around for the bowl game. If they have any allegiance to Leach they would leave Tech high and dry.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

In short, fast, months fast, one year fast. This will be pretty ugly. Unlike Mangino, there hasn't been substantial evidence from other players that he was an ***. In fact, former players came out in support of him. I posted a link earlier that said the assistants did not think James deserved a scholly but Leach gave him one anyway. It also said James had been punished for his attitude earlier and that was likely the root of all this.