Votes: 20 11.2%

Votes: 12 6.7%
  • Not top 5

Votes: 37 20.8%

• Total voters

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
No idea about specific ranking. Too subjective anyway. Anyone still bashing on him for losing some finals though needs to shut it. He is an all time great, period.

ISUalum2012

Mar 24, 2014
As many have said, you CANNOT question his greatness. I still think MJ is the greatest, but LeBron is rightfully #2 with a case, and still more chances to strengthen it, for #1.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
LeBron was at Jordan level of greatness this year in the finals, but it's the first time I've seen it. I absolutely loved watching him reach that height the past three games, but for a career nobody who watched both or crunches the #s can go GOAT. It feels that way though because he's reached that sick filthy assassin level we all knew he could.

Career playoff #s:

23.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, .8 blocks, .478 fg%
33.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.7 assists, 2.1 steals, .9 blocks, .503 fg%

Jordan's playoff scoring average, and really his entire career playoff line, is probably the most untouchable thing in basketball and one of the most in all of sports. His finals #s are even more gaudy, he averaged 41ppg for an entire finals once.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I am not enough of an NBA historian to really give him a specific rank but he is definitely one of the greatest and belongs in the discussion. Awesome post-season for him.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Another title and I'd consider him for #1. I do think the NBA is a deeper league now than when MJ played.

I will say, as much as I try to like the guy, he still just drives me crazy. His post-game interview about all the adversity he's gone thorough and how "the Guy Upstairs wont put anything in your way you can't handle" was just off-putting to me.

You're 6'8" and blessed with freakish athleticism. You've been a prodigy since you were a freshman in high school. You may be as physically gifted of player as the NBA has ever seen. You just signed a lifetime deal with Nike for a billion dollars. Your team was in first place in the East all year long, and basically slept walked to the Finals. You have a top 10 player in the league in Kyrie playing next to you and you have some good complimentary players-- probably a top 3 roster in the whole NBA. With all that, it just seems disingenuous to spout off about all the "adversity" that the "Guy Upstairs" has put in your way.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Ranking them purely as players..... 1. Wilt Chamberlain - no one has ever been more dominant 2. Kareem- absurd numbers over an absurd amount of time 3. LeBron - no player may ever be as versatile and as good at as many things 4. Jordan - tops the list as a pure winner but not as a pure player 5. Magic - like James, an incredibly versatile player who could take on any assignment given to him and do it better than just about anyone else

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Ranking them purely as players..... 1. Wilt Chamberlain - no one has ever been more dominant 2. Kareem- absurd numbers over an absurd amount of time 3. LeBron - no player may ever be as versatile and as good at as many things 4. Jordan - tops the list as a pure winner but not as a pure player 5. Magic - like James, an incredibly versatile player who could take on any assignment given to him and do it better than just about anyone else

Jordan's regular season scoring compares with Wilt's and his playoff scoring drastically exceeds it. With Wilt the rebounding stats need some examination. He was great but nobody is going to average 24 rpg in today's game, across the board players had ridiculously high rebounding #s in that era. To me it is the most intriguing GOAT argument though.

Jordan's playoff stats are just as well rounded as LeBron's while scoring 10 more ppg while shooting a higher %.

23.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, .8 blocks, .478 fg%
33.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.7 assists, 2.1 steals, .9 blocks, .503 fg%

This narrative that Jordan was one dimensional has me laughing from the kiddies these days, I recently had to correct a coworker who said Jordan wasn't a good defender.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

Obvious KU bias.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Jordan's regular season scoring compares with Wilt's and his playoff scoring drastically exceeds it. With Wilt the rebounding stats need some examination. He was great but nobody is going to average 24 rpg in today's game, across the board players had ridiculously high rebounding #s in that era. To me it is the most intriguing GOAT argument though.Jordan's playoff stats are just as well rounded as LeBron's while scoring 10 more ppg while shooting a higher %.23.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.8 assists, 1.5 steals, .8 blocks, .478 fg%33.4 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 5.7 assists, 2.1 steals, .9 blocks, .503 fg%This narrative that Jordan was one dimensional has me laughing from the kiddies these days, I recently had to correct a coworker who said Jordan wasn't a good defender.
Wilt averaged 50 and 25 in a season. End of conversation. One offseason his coach yelled at him for not passing enough so he led the NAB in assists the next year because he could. Let me know the next time a center leads the league in assists. There was no more dominating player in NBA history and it's really not even close.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wilt averaged 50 and 25 in a season. End of conversation. One offseason his coach yelled at him for not passing enough so he led the NAB in assists the next year because he could. Let me know the next time a center leads the league in assists. There was no more dominating player in NBA history and it's really not even close.

I'll agree it's the right conversation to have. It's also a very abstract conversation because the game was very different in that era. Rebounding in that era is up so high compared to the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s that it's not comparable. I have no doubt Wilt would be the dominant rebounder in any era but would not get 25 per game today.

If we're talking regular season I'll actually give the nod to Wilt's #s even knowing the rebounding was in part due to the era.

In terms of playoffs and finals #s there is no touching Jordan's production. Wilt would not average 20-25 boards per game in finals in this era.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
As many have said, you CANNOT question his greatness. I still think MJ is the greatest, but LeBron is rightfully #2 with a case, and still more chances to strengthen it, for #1.

I think I am with you. Jordan is the top, but I am struggling to think of who would be above LeBron. Some great players, but he is a game changer. Wins everywhere he goes and is the best player doing it. 6 finals in a row? Come on, give the man his props.