Les Miles Done For?

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Am I the only one feeling the dad and kid look just as bad in this whole thing? More to this whole thing and this article is just one very biased side of the story. The kid had NFL dreams crushed, after playing in 7 games over two years, ha!!!!

What the story doesn’t cover is what the kid was doing that led to the retaliation, the kid and dad aren’t innocent in this.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I think I'm reading this right, but did he sign a non-disparagement agreement, take the money and then break the agreement after receiving the money?

I'm not taking KU's side at all on what happened to the kid, but I feel like that opens him up to a lawsuit as well, doesn't it?

I mean, I get the PR side of things for KU would probably complicate things.

What a cluster.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Am I the only one feeling the dad and kid look just as bad in this whole thing? More to this whole thing and this article is just one very biased side of the story. The kid had NFL dreams crushed, after playing in 7 games over two years, ha!!!!

What the story doesn’t cover is what the kid was doing that led to the retaliation, the kid and dad aren’t innocent in this.
Where did you get 7 games? In the story it says that he had one start at FB his first year and played all 12 games his second year at KU. In his bio on the KU website it says that he played in 7 games with one start in his first year alone.

Not that he had any NFL hopes, but your information seems inaccurate.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Where did you get 7 games? In the story it says that he had one start at FB his first year and played all 12 games his second year at KU. In his bio on the KU website it says that he played in 7 games with one start in his first year alone.

Not that he had any NFL hopes, but your information seems inaccurate.

Looks like I need to polish up on my reading comprehension!!

I still stand with the statement that there is far more to this. Kid and the dad come across as drama kings and petty. What you aren’t hearing as part of this story is what the kid was fully doing that led to the riff with teammates.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Ku fans will now say this was just Les Miles and Jeff Long. While it's clear to everyone watching that Ku's athletics program is an unethical pit.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Looks like I need to polish up on my reading comprehension!!

I still stand with the statement that there is far more to this. Kid and the dad come across as drama kings and petty. What you aren’t hearing as part of this story is what the kid was fully doing that led to the riff with teammates.
That could very well be - he could be an Adam James kind of entitled kid, or it could be that his teammates/neighbors took offense to him looking down in disapproval on their drug dealing. We probably will never know.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I wish that Miles would have brought the SEC winning along with the SEC way of doing things. So gross and embarrassing. Hopefully the regime change at AD and HC will run this stuff out of the system.
The current guys seem like good guys

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Ku fans will now say this was just Les Miles and Jeff Long. While it's clear to everyone watching that Ku's athletics program is an unethical pit.
All the way up to and including Dr Girod. The way they sold out and put the institution in jeopardy to protect Bill Self is breathtaking.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

It’s in the article, he told admins they were selling drugs.

No one else is talking yet so of course it’s one sided but I have no idea where you got the idea this kid is “just as bad” as the guys dealing drugs, threatening his family, and sabotaging his car.

Reactions: Macloney

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I think I'm reading this right, but did he sign a non-disparagement agreement, take the money and then break the agreement after receiving the money?

I'm not taking KU's side at all on what happened to the kid, but I feel like that opens him up to a lawsuit as well, doesn't it?

I mean, I get the PR side of things for KU would probably complicate things.

What a cluster.

That’s my understanding too. While it’s possible that the agreement was poorly written and gave him an out, it seems like the family has either decided that it’s worth more to them - financially or otherwise - to get the story out OR there are some serious narcissism issues. Maybe both.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Yeah that letter has no legal binding. Not only was it not written by the school's Attorney's it wasn't signed by anyone with legal authority.

KU just tried to pull a fast one on this kid, hopefully they sue the hell out of them.