Lets do what we do best in bad seasons and win the tailgate!

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
We could use a positive thread around here and since the game this weekend is going to be a complete beat down I'm at least going to enjoy the tailgate! What does everyone have the on menu/drinks this weekend?

Thinking I'm going to do burgers/brats in the morning/afternoon and then do steak sandwhiches with grilled onion, peppers, cheese before kick off. Normal fixings of chips, cookies, veggie tray. Obviously lots of beer (Goose Island fall IPA and budlight and some fireball)

ATM2012

Sep 20, 2012
Norwalk, Iowa
Rolling into Lot A3 around 9 am. Cooking up some bacon/egg/cheese mcmuffins for breakfast and beer brats before the game. Then the normal table of snacks and plenty of Coors Light.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Rolling into Lot A3 around 9 am. Cooking up some bacon/egg/cheese mcmuffins for breakfast and beer brats before the game. Then the normal table of snacks and plenty of Coors Light.

Ahh so you're the guy with the cool converted ambulance. I've always admired that walking by it to get into the stadium.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Can we just replace 'hit it hard for every yard' with 'win or lose we still booze'?

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
I'm with you lets still enjoy what we can and still do tailgating right and have fun!!!!! Fireball is sounding so good this time of year.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
"And when we hit that line, win or lose, we still booze, for I-S-U!!!"

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I want to go tailgating since it will be nice and the game is later, but the Cubs will most likely be on during the game. Tough choice...

josh4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2012
Ames, IA
We never loose a tailgate. We are coming in Friday night and going to Hilton Madness and then camping in the Vet Med lot. Saturday morning we have a tradition to order caseys breakfast pizza. Then for lunch we are bringing fryer, Chicken Strips, Cheese Balls and Onion Rings.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Frog legs! What else do you serve before a game with TCU?

2clones4cy

Dec 2, 2012
Getting to Lot G7 at 7:30 and playing coldwater creek golf, then tailgating at noon! Bought my Winegard satellite earlier this year and is the real deal and really helps watching the games. Be serving Chili (watch out bathroom) and all the other snacks with frost brewed coors light!! Love fall tailgating.

CyInDFW

Aug 14, 2015
Lewisville, TX
Having been to all but one Big12 stadium for tailgating...there isn't a lot of competition for ISU tailgating to worry about. WVU has a great tailgate atmosphere, unfortunately UT has a pretty good spread and KSU does it up pretty well also. So far though, I have to say, Clones fans get the overall win. Brought some TCU people to the UNI game and they loved the tailgate atmosphere around the stadium.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
We never loose a tailgate. We are coming in Friday night and going to Hilton Madness and then camping in the Vet Med lot. Saturday morning we have a tradition to order caseys breakfast pizza. Then for lunch we are bringing fryer, Chicken Strips, Cheese Balls and Onion Rings.
If I ever make it up to Iowa for a football game, you are going to be my new best friend!!

Help Support Us

Become a patron