Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
VERY CONCERNED... Hopefully this isn't coach related.

I hate saying this and it is premature, but in the NIL world, fans are migrating more and more into shareholders.. So when your blue chip pieces are leaving, questions need to be answered.. I hate that it's come to this, but why should we give to a collective thats goal is to retain players if they can just up and leave without a feedback loop or opening a chance to retain.
I think I understand your thought process. But, players don’t owe anyone an explanation.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Typically if a coach is retiring, players enter the portal after the new hire and only if they don’t like the new hire.

You don’t let everyone walk, have nothing on your roster, then announce you’re looking for a new coach.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
She had the green light but they never really ran any offense to her and she never really got to play with the ball in her hands so I think she struggled to ever find her rhythm. Most of the offense was Ashley and Emily dribbling it around too much.
Is that why she had the second most shot attempts of anyone on the team?

Reactions: Marcelason78

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
She had the green light but they never really ran any offense to her and she never really got to play with the ball in her hands so I think she struggled to ever find her rhythm. Most of the offense was Ashley and Emily dribbling it around too much.
I'm not so sure on this. Off guards don't handle the ball as much. Also, Ashley will be gone next year so won't that open up more chances?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Audi Crooks save us
I fully admit I have never seen her play. But some people who know a lot about basketball have told me they're unimpressed. One person told me he doesn't even think she'll start. Ever.
Just saw on the recruiting thread that her sister was on the recruiting board. Any possibility that they're wanting to play together?
Her sister was Miss Wisconsin Basketball and as far as I know we didn't recruit her. Could the family be upset about this? She signed with Montana.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

I hate saying this and it is premature, but in the NIL world, fans are migrating more and more into shareholders.. So when your blue chip pieces are leaving, questions need to be answered.. I hate that it's come to this, but why should we give to a collective thats goal is to retain players if they can just up and leave without a feedback loop or opening a chance to retain.
I think NIL is totally unrelated to this.

I think it is coaching related. I think it can be frustrating playing on a team with minimal offensive or defensive plan.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Lexi doesn’t owe you a ******* comment dude. Get a grip.
Its not about her "owing" ME crap, buddy. Its about a PROGRAM/UNIVERSITY that recruited her, started her for 3 years, supported her, a fanbase that worshipped her, etc. Good grief, if its a negative about the coaching, or locker room, that's her business and NOBODY expects comments by her or anyone else on their way out. I'm not stupid. I was simply responding to the mention by a poster of the 'theory' of playing with her sister.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Based on what I was hearing about the locker room this year I'm not surprised be this. I think Bill requires a very certain type of athlete that's a dying breed with more power being given to the athletes. Frankly I'm glad to see girls voting with their feet given the way I've heard he treats some of them.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo

You know. Your second thought there is fantastic. I've been trying to come up with a way to express my thoughts on that, i.e. there's definitely more accountability to fans, and you've done it very eloquently. It's going to get to the point where whoever is running the various collectives are going to be held to the same standards as ADs and coaches. It's full on a business now, even more so that before, and it's going to lead to some very uncomfortable situations and conversations.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I think I understand your thought process. But, players don’t owe anyone an explanation.
I think in the past that was absolutely true but if fans are expected to pay for this I think they have a reasonable expectation to a bit of a two way street.

Not saying that is the issue here but it is part of the larger issue that Chris was going on about.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Is that why she had the second most shot attempts of anyone on the team?
So what’s the issue then? If she was put in the best possible position to succeed, why leave? I watched every women’s game, you could see her frustration many times throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.