Lied Rec.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does anyone know if it has opened back up? I went there today (Monday) in the afternoon and it was still closed. If not, have any idea when it will re-open?

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
I'm not sure, but they were using the steam tunnels earlier tonight. I don't know why they were being used, but I guessed that it may have something to do with drying out the rec? I have no idea if that would do anything or if they go to Leid anyway though.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
From the ISU website...

Cleanup at Lied center, 3:13 p.m.

AMES, Iowa -- Cleanup continues Monday around the Lied Recreation Athletic Center, where localized flooding closed a couple of parking lots. The center is closed today; officials hope it can be reopened Tuesday.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I work there and it will be open tomorrow (Tuesday Morning) at 6:00 but the main enterence is not open...they have stuff posted....

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Just got done playin Broomball against some Rec workers--one of them said to enter through the SW corner, by the Physical Therapy office. There's a sidewalk by the paylot machine just South of the building, go up that sidewalk and through the double doors to enter. You'll still have to swipe your card since you'll pass the desk, but the main entry doors will be closed off.

Help Support Us

Become a patron