Lineup

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I don't think there is anyway that you can continue to bring Wigginton of the bench, even with it working. With the way Haliburton has been playing I think you have to go

Wigginton
Haliburton
Babb
Shayock
Jacobsen
Insane to think Iowa St beat KU with not good games from both Wigginton and THT.

With the recent struggles of THT, I think it's acceptable to tell him that he's coming in off the bench. These guys should know that Prohm will play you if you're doing the right things and playing well. So it really shouldn't matter if you start.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I just don’t understand why Wigginton HAS to start?
Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

I’ll trust Prohm
He doesn't necessarily have to, but it sucks because Prohm keeps the starters out there until past the first official timeout of each half.

Prohm obviously knows more about his team's health than us, but I would think about decreasing Babb's minutes, so he's just as effective in March. Plus it should be easy to do that with a deeper backcourt.

Tyler_CyMBA

Jul 28, 2016
I just don’t understand why Wigginton HAS to start?
Don’t fix what isn’t broken.

I’ll trust Prohm

I think you risk two things by not starting him again. One is his mentality and buy in (attitude) to the team moving forward. Would that change if he remains 6th man? Second, the optics for future high profile recruits. But these are just risks, not gurantees. I'm sure Prohm will make the right decision.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
He doesn't necessarily have to, but it sucks because Prohm keeps the starters out there until past the first official timeout of each half.

Prohm obviously knows more about his team's health than us, but I would think about decreasing Babb's minutes, so he's just as effective in March. Plus it should be easy to do that with a deeper backcourt.

A big reason KU committed a billion turnovers is because Babb-TH-THT-Shayok playing together were MUCH longer and bigger than Kansas guards and wings.

That said, there were times when KU had a speed edge and Wigginton is as fast as any of their speedy guards.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I won’t lose sleep if he does or doesn’t start.
It’s about the team and not one player. He’ll see plenty of court time either way.

Go State!

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Wiggington is a must start when he's ready, end of story.

You dont keep one of the five best players in the entire conference out of the game until the 14 minute mark every night.

oldwiseman

Oct 10, 2009
Wigginton is our best player when at 100%. He'll be out there starting again soon. You've got a group of guys who have played 14 games and other former starters who have played 3 (Young), 4 (Wigginton) or 7 (Lard). Give it time. The good news is I don't think we've ever had this much quality depth.

• Disagree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Insane to think Iowa St beat KU with not good games from both Wigginton and THT.

With the recent struggles of THT, I think it's acceptable to tell him that he's coming in off the bench. These guys should know that Prohm will play you if you're doing the right things and playing well. So it really shouldn't matter if you start.

On the other hand he was affective in other ways with 5 assists and 0 TO. I think the offense will come and it's good he didn't force it too much which can lead to TO.

Cynonymous

Aug 14, 2015
On the other hand he was affective in other ways with 5 assists and 0 TO. I think the offense will come and it's good he didn't force it too much which can lead to TO.
Not to mention his versatility on defense. It's why he's starting for the time being. It won't be long before LW regains a starting spot, but fans are impatient and Haliburton is hard to bench.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Hopefully we blast Baylor and KSU, so we can spread around the minutes the next few games. Overall depth is meaningless in individual games, but it's huge in the marathon that has just begun. I worry about NWB with his knee from last year, so hopefully we can keep him fresh all year.

THT is struggling a bit now with his role, but I think he'll figure it out. It's a big change going from 15-20 shots in HS down to 5-10 in college. He's the only one you can take out of the lineup for Wigginton right now.

ComCY

Oct 31, 2016

I think THT had a pretty good game. Nothing flashy, but 5 assists and good ball movement was crucial.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I think eventually Wigginton will play his way back into the starting rotation. By February, I expect the minutes to be distributed as follows:

Wigginton 30
Weiler-Babb 25
Halliburton 35
Shayok 30
Jacobsen 25

Horton-Tucker 20
Lard 15
Young 15
Others 5

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
THT has struggled offensively in Big12 play but he contributes in a lot of other ways. So his play hasn't been a liability.

At some point LW has to start because he is an elite acorer. His ability to finish at the basket or get fouled is uncanny.

We have 120 minutes to share among NWB, TH, THT & LW- so basically 30mpg +/- a few based on who has the hot hand.

IMO the bigger issue is how to spread 80 minutes among MS, MJ, CL and SY

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think the Prohm stays with the NWB, Haliburton, THT, Shayok, and Jacobson line up until they lose a conference game. Prohm can point to the success to not hurt any egos up to that point.
Wigginton will start before the season ends, his ablitiy to penetrate, dish and finish in the paint is something the team needs for a full offensive attach. NWB, Hali, and Shayok really don't get to the rim and pressure the d like Wigginton can.
Thing is, I'm not sure it matter much who starts, Wigginton played 30 minutes vs Okie State even of the bench, that is starters minutes.
Interesting to see who will lose the "Starter" position when Prohm is ready to move LW there. Lot of options, and if an injury occurs he may have his choice made for him.

It is easy after the first two B12 games to say THT will be the one replaced but he is doing a lot of little things right and contributing on D pretty well even through his shooting slump. Prohm may decide the best thing for him is to start/play through it.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Wigginton takes THT’s spot starting.

THT still plays 25+ per night.

Everybody stays happy because we win.

Reactions: MartinCy