Lisa Bluder Retires

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wow! Is this for real?
I don't blame the last 2 yrs were definitely the best of her career by far. I'm just surprised that she waited till now to announce it.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
When you coach for 32 years and win 800+, you get to call it whenever you choose.

Good for her. Regardless of where she coached, she was always a huge proponent of women's sports and growing opportunities. Good for her.

Baranczyk comes home and brings Sahara Williams with her. That program won't miss a beat.

We are so lucky to have the 4 women's programs we have in this state and I wish Iowa would get their act together in volleyball so that we could say the same thing there.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Well that has to be a bit of a surprise.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
To be clear, I think Iowa long-term would be better off if Baranczyk would take the job - and I think she would, more than likely. But I think Jensen has likely earned enough credit in Iowa City for it to be hers if she wants it.
Edit: And I think if Bluder gets any influence at all, she will push for Jensen to get the job, imo.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
To be clear, I think Iowa long-term would be better off if Baranczyk would take the job - and I think she would, more than likely. But I think Jensen has likely earned enough credit in Iowa City for it to be hers if she wants it.
My opinion as well.

Hopefully Bluder is retiring in good health.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Edit: And I think if Bluder gets any influence at all, she will push for Jensen to get the job, imo.

Ehhh...you never want to be the person that follows a legend. Almost all fail pretty quickly. If I were Jennie B, I'd want it to go to Jensen and then take over for her in a few years. Maybe Jan would do good, but history suggests otherwise. And if she does, she's old too.