Lisa Bluder Retires

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
I know she played as Jennie Lillis. I’m unaware of what happened that would’ve caused issues between her and UI. Hopefully someone can fill me in.
Memory is a little foggy; she was rumored to be a victim of Pierre Pierce (I believe it leaked that the victim was a member of the Iowa WBB) and people went after her for allegedly accusing PP. I think that's it in a nutshell, please correct if needed.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Jensen seems like a safe hire but I would be concerned that she hasn't had a HC job. FTR I absolutely don't want the keys handed to Billy unless he drops down a level and cuts his teeth. This rarely works out.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Jensen seems like a safe hire but I would be concerned that she hasn't had a HC job. FTR I absolutely don't want the keys handed to Billy unless he drops down a level and cuts his teeth. This rarely works out.
Will be interesting. She seems like a player's coach for sure but not sure if she's going to maintain Bluder's overall philosophy/approach or how good she is with the Xs and Os.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Kind of bummed its Jensen, I wanted someone I'm not a fan of. Jan was one of the most dominant athletes I've ever seen, an Iowa legend.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
So Jan just was announced as her replacement the same day she announced retirement?
If so, then this has been known for a while now, and they probably kept it quiet until after the portal closed.
Pretty sure new portal rules mean players can move in and out more freely. More than likely they were told with quite a bit of time that Jensen was taking over.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
So Jan just was announced as her replacement the same day she announced retirement?
If so, then this has been known for a while now, and they probably kept it quiet until after the portal closed.
Or did Jensen get an offer somewhere else and UofI and Bluder had to make a quick decision?