Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
All Iowa universities have to interview 3 people. That being said it was gonna be Jansen no matter what. Same with any contracting job.
Have to interview 3 people for which positions? Certainly not all.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Not surprised at all about Bluder. Total speculation on my part but I have suspected that she has some health issues.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I have been saying all year that I bet when CC leaves she would retire. Go out on top, and not have to rebuild. She hit lightning in a bottle and that is not easy to do again.

But when she didnt right after the season, I was starting to think she would stick around.

Reactions: cyclone13

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I just saw the Jan Jenson announcement on Twitter. To me it is so weird that the Women's basketball has a title like a building? I believe it was written that it is the P. Sue Beckwith, MD, Head Women’s Basketball Coach Jan Jenson.
So that would be the P. S. Head Women's Basketball Coach to go along with the M. F. Head Football Coach.
I will let you fill in the full words for the initials.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I just saw the Jan Jenson announcement on Twitter. To me it is so weird that the Women's basketball has a title like a building? I believe it was written that it is the P. Sue Beckwith, MD, Head Women’s Basketball Coach Jan Jenson.

A lot of schools have that for all their major sports head coaches.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Not surprised that she's hanging it up, but surprised it was this late in the year. Could have been timing it to limit transfers (even though it opens things up with the change) by waiting until most good places are full by now.
With WBB having 15 scholarships I’m guessing there are plenty of good landing spots if they so choose. Just for example, if I was Stuhlke and I knew Bluder was retiring I would wait until she announced to enter the portal and join an already put together team that is stacked but could use another big.