Logan-Magnolia (10-1) at Woodward-Granger (11-0) Friday Night

Fletch

Apr 10, 2006
I'm coming in town for the game Saturday but Friday night the family wants to go to the Logan-Magnolia (10-1) at Woodward-Granger (11-0) play off game.

Are we looking at any of the kids on either squad?

I did see that Marshall Neiland has 4 pick 6's for the year. That is a heck of a stat.

State4good

Jan 6, 2010
Macomb Ill
Not sure if the team is looking at anyone on the team, but it should be a heck of a game. W-G has come a long way from when i played there from 2004-2007. We only won 5 games total in high school when i played there, since i've left they've qualified for the playoffs every year. I would watch Andrew McCune (running back). He's big back probably 5'11 220's. Runs with power and really good balance, hardly ever goes down on first contact. He's been dominating the whole season. Not great speed but he is a good back

Reactions: Fletch

State4good

Jan 6, 2010
Macomb Ill
Probably just a coincidence.

Rude

but i'll admit i wasn't very good. However, i was starting on both sides of the ball at DT and left tackle when we won homecoming over Bondurant-Farrar. So i mean i'm kind of a big deal:yes:.

PS. it was the first homecoming win in four years

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Rude

but i'll admit i wasn't very good. However, i was starting on both sides of the ball at DT and left tackle when we won homecoming over Bondurant-Farrar. So i mean i'm kind of a big deal:yes:.

PS. it was the first homecoming win in four years

Yeah, we won two games total during my Jr and Sr seasons. Both during my Sr season.

After I left, they still sucked and still do. We were and they still are, a basketball school.

State4good

Jan 6, 2010
Macomb Ill
Ya, my coach thought we were gonna have a big year after we started 2-0 and beat you guys (Bondurant) since you were a class up on us in football, but then we went on to lose every game for the rest of the year with only one of them being close 7-6 against Prairie Valley (Gowrie).

Stupid Kerwin Dunham (sp?) owned WG. He would always drop like 30-40 on us and we tried everything to stop him

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
LoMa plays like Straight played in high school and ISU, hardnosed and in your face. Don't know who will win, but it will be a rugged game.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Lo-Ma didn't even attempt a pass, and still won 46-14.

Love small-class football.