Longhorn Network Access

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm on board with the PS Vue free trial with the free tial add on of the Sports Pack.

Now I'm looking into cord cutting options because Directv is just too freaking expensive

Reactions: FredCyclone

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Found at my fiancee's Dad has it. Thank God I can avoid a GD Hy-Vee Market Grille...

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I’m sure it’s been posted in here somewhere, but is there going to be a link for a stream of the radio broadcast? I'll be covering a swim meet and WBB game for Iowa tomorrow, so I won't be able to watch even if I signed up for Vue just for this game. But I'd love to listen along while I'm on the baseline.

Download the TuneIn app and it will be on there. Just search for Iowa State

100.3 The Bus on IHeartRadio will have the game.

Did they change the rights where they IHeart can broadcast Learfield stuff?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Download the TuneIn app and it will be on there. Just search for Iowa State

Did they change the rights where they IHeart can broadcast Learfield stuff?

Yes they changed that recently so they now stream Cyclone radio broadcasts as well.

Reactions: wxman1

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Anyone having issues with Longhorn Network showing on Playstation Vue?

On PlayStation Vue Longhorn Network is only available with the sports pack.

Currently PlayStation Vue and DirecTV Now are offering 5-7 day free trial. I would recommend to anyone that doesn't want to go to the bar to order one of those two streaming services and make sure you add the sports pack to either of those services when you order them and you should be fine. Just cancel within the 5 or 7 days and you'll be fine

Hope that helps

Reactions: cyhiphopp

Broodwich

Nov 22, 2006
42.186391, -93.598597
On PlayStation Vue Longhorn Network is only available with the sports pack.

Currently PlayStation Vue and DirecTV Now are offering 5-7 day free trial. I would recommend to anyone that doesn't want to go to the bar to order one of those two streaming services and make sure you add the sports pack to either of those services when you order them and you should be fine. Just cancel within the 5 or 7 days and you'll be fine

Hope that helps

I added the sports pack and have restarted my app. I can't seem to get it to show in the programming guide.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I added the sports pack and have restarted my app. I can't seem to get it to show in the programming guide.

Can you search for the channel directly? Also try hitting channels and scroll thru till you find the channel. It may bury Longhorn network non alphabetical. I just went online and it is working for me.

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
I'm on board with the PS Vue free trial with the free tial add on of the Sports Pack.

Now I'm looking into cord cutting options because Directv is just too freaking expensive

I cut directv and moved to psvue. I was reluctant but I’ve been really happy with it

Reactions: cyhiphopp

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Me, trying to get access to the friggin Longhorn Network today:

200w.webp

• Funny
Reactions: LindenCy

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Don't we have to agree to be on Longhorn Network (earlier in the year) for them to show it? I'd really like us never to agree to this again.

TakeCover

Mar 26, 2012
Des Moines, IA
Added the DirecTV sports pack about an hour ago, but the LHN is still showing as unavailable. Rebooted my receiver with no luck. Thought it would be nearly instantaneous, but now I'm worried...