NBA: Look back in sports history

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal are trending on twitter, and it brought back memories of the funniest thing that I've ever seen in sports

Reactions: Doc

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Ron Artest and Jermaine O'Neal are trending on twitter, and it brought back memories of the funniest thing that I've ever seen in sports

Didn't remember that Jamaal Tinsley was on that Indiana team.

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
I remember watching this live in my college dorm room. My roommate kept going off about how dumb Artest was for going into the stands - can’t argue with that; however, I pointed out that it would be difficult to control yourself in that situation. This led to a big argument, and I took a water bottle and gentle tossed it at him. He picked it up, chucked it at me, and stormed out of the room cursing. Later, he came back and I asked him if I proved my point, to which he agreed and apologized for chucking the water bottle back at me.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Who do you got in the cage? Ronron or Ben Wallace. Totally unnecessary foul up 15 with 40
seconds left, but Wallace was still playing hard.

Was thinking about throwing ‘sheed in there but he seems like a big teddy bear.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Who do you got in the cage? Ronron or Ben Wallace. Totally unnecessary foul up 15 with 40
seconds left, but Wallace was still playing hard.

Was thinking about throwing ‘sheed in there but he seems like a big teddy bear.
Ben Wallace and it's not close

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wonder if that guy that Artest went after still sees that in his dreams.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I remember watching this live in my college dorm room. My roommate kept going off about how dumb Artest was for going into the stands - can’t argue with that; however, I pointed out that it would be difficult to control yourself in that situation. This led to a big argument, and I took a water bottle and gentle tossed it at him. He picked it up, chucked it at me, and stormed out of the room cursing. Later, he came back and I asked him if I proved my point, to which he agreed and apologized for chucking the water bottle back at me.
Or maybe he proved his point. Had Artest done as your roommate, throw a water bottle back and walk away, the malice in the palace doesn’t happen.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
His name is now Metta Sandiford-Artest. Just changed it from Metta World Peace this month. Wild. Must have given up on world peace.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
His name is now Metta Sandiford-Artest. Just changed it from Metta World Peace this month. Wild. Must have given up on world peace.

Sorry, just saw this. I never want to steal your thunder, Doc.

Unless your "thunder" is actually drugs, then I would take them for sure.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Poor Austin Croshere looks like he might have been in shock.

That torpedoed the season for what would have been a really good Pacers team that had gone 61-21 the year before. They were probably too volatile to go all the way, but who knows? As it was they went downhill pretty quickly and it took the franchise a good 5-6 years to truly recover.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Yz1rtdthsKrIzPcUWXVQf-KDUr6SFYVzrOsCB-LtVvdzUPaaYvFFkAPUQGPsNTlQ3t83EUqxQ7EAwdX3hhCTTyXr6xO0hxuhO_r89O8-h-C9_ee3h644IRXih7wv8-Ojh8YVSBfuLRAF9p15eXGFtSbl42U

I have this and have probably got more compliments and positive comments on it than any other shirt I own, which I have never really understood.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Ron Artest is legitimately crazy.
The size difference isn't as much as I would have thought. Ben Wallace was listed at 6'9 250. Artest was listed at 6'6 245. Ben Wallace was a bad dude (mean that as a compliment). It would definitely be a close fight.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The size difference isn't as much as I would have thought. Ben Wallace was listed at 6'9 250. Artest was listed at 6'6 245. Ben Wallace was a bad dude (mean that as a compliment). It would definitely be a close fight.

Artest is huge. I assume Wallace would have an advantage with his length but if Artest gets in close he'd have a big leverage advantage.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Anyone picking Wallace doesn't know much about Artest.

The guy got a job at Best Buy as a rookie with the Bulls so he could get a discount on purchases. He busted MJs rib during pickup games when MJ was working back into shape prior to his second 3-peat. Every hear him talk about the pick-up games he played in while growing up? Someone got pissed, ripped the leg off the scorers table and stabbed another dude with it.

When you don't care much about yourself or of anything(Artest) you are a very scary person. Artest used to get elbowed in the face during games and not even budge as he insisted on bodying you up.

Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron