Looking WAY too far ahead

Cy95

Feb 19, 2017
I know, I know, but I just can't help it. ISU-Kansas in KC? Wow, every ISU fan and every Kansas fan in the entire friggin country would be there. "Epic" would be an understatement.

(Likely have to get past Purdue, who would be playing even closer to home than we would be)

• Dislike
Reactions: acgclone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
You have to think we're not in the Midwest region if we played KU on Friday. Thanks TCU!

MIClone

Aug 31, 2011
Central Michigan
LOTS of work to do to get there first, BUT it would be sweet if we played Michigan State in K.C., after having to play them in 2000 in Auburn Hills (which was similarly a home game for them). I've wanted to avenge that loss ever since and doing so in the Spirit Center would be the best ever. But NEVADA...

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
LOTS of work to do to get there first, BUT it would be sweet if we played Michigan State in K.C., after having to play them in 2000 in Auburn Hills (which was similarly a home game for them). I've wanted to avenge that loss ever since and doing so in the Spirit Center would be the best ever. But NEVADA...
Plus the tickets would be cheaper

Reactions: Goofyguy1

clonefanpaul

Omnipresent Lurker
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 28, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I know, I know, but I just can't help it. ISU-Kansas in KC? Wow, every ISU fan and every Kansas fan in the entire friggin country would be there. "Epic" would be an understatement.

(Likely have to get past Purdue, who would be playing even closer to home than we would be)

Get to Milwaukee first. It's only a bit farther from Ames than KC is. I want the first two rounds to be home games.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I usually cheer for the Big 12, but I'll be pulling for Miami or Michigan St so that if we're fortunate enough to reach KC it's a home game. It also sucks that arguably the best two Big 12 teams are in the same sub-region with a 3rd in the same region. With that and KSU in the play-in, it almost assures a poor tournament performance.

Last edited:

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
Not that I don't like your thoughts...but let's just beat Nevada first. Things will fall into place if we take care of our own business. One game at a time.

Reactions: dmrthom

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Get to Milwaukee first. It's only a bit farther from Ames than KC is. I want the first two rounds to be home games.

How much money do you people have to go to the Big 12 tourney, first weekend games, AND beyond. Not to mention the time off of work.

Hope I'm to that level someday.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I almost let myself think ahead to the Sweet 16. Thank goodness I didn't, I couldn't live with that kind of guilt if we lost.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneBBFan

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
How much money do you people have to go to the Big 12 tourney, first weekend games, AND beyond. Not to mention the time off of work.

Hope I'm to that level someday.

That's a good question! I was looking at flights and hotel to Milwaukee, cheapest set is like $1,200. I have Friday off work and was pretty excited to be watching all of those games.

Reactions: Tailg8er

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007

Boooo

Don't jinx it

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I think the committee was very favorable to the Big 12:

3 teams in the Midwest bracket

Kansas State earned a play-in game over potentially Syracuse

Baylor playing first & second round games in Tulsa

WVU may have received the worst draw playing in Buffalo and that may actually be the closest to Morgantown compared to the other 4-seed locations (Milwaukee & Orlando). The bummer is that if they advance to the sweet 16 they would be playing in San Jose.

Let's hope the Big 12 can do well to continue to earn that respect from the tournament committee in the years to come.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think the committee was very favorable to the Big 12:

3 teams in the Midwest bracket

Kansas State earned a play-in game over potentially Syracuse

Baylor playing first & second round games in Tulsa

WVU may have received the worst draw playing in Buffalo and that may actually be the closest to Morgantown compared to the other 4-seed locations (Milwaukee & Orlando). The bummer is that if they advance to the sweet 16 they would be playing in San Jose.

Let's hope the Big 12 can do well to continue to earn that respect from the tournament committee in the years to come.
Are you nuts? Three of 6 teams in the same region, with the two best in the same sub-region is NOT favorable.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Are you nuts? Three of 6 teams in the same region, with the two best in the same sub-region is NOT favorable.

That was my initial reaction too, but when looking at how the committee treated other conferences I think they were far more favorable to the Big 12. They aren't easy draws by any means, but they make up for it based on locations of the games in the first two rounds and path to the Sweet 16. Teams control their own destiny after the Sweet 16 anyways, so any projected match-ups in the Sweet 16 or later are just hype & speculation anyway.

Help Support Us

Become a patron