Looks like the ACC Got played by Nootre Dame

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Big 12 tried to get played by them and got denied.

We refused to get played by them in the way the ACC did (giving them access to our bowls), but we did get played by them if we waited on them instead of going after others. But who knows how much truth there was to those rumors.

D

DistrictCyclone

Anyone think this contract would look a lot different if ND hadn't played for the championship last year?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Link? I would like to see if we offered them partial membership in football and access to any bowl?

I think that Dodds was pushing for it, but he couldn't get the buy-in from everyone else. Personally, I'm happy they didn't go for it, because the second that 13 year GOR was over, Texas would be going indy like ND and then they'd still have a place for their other sports while only having to play a few games in the B12. They still might do that, but at least the precedent isn't there.

For ND, I'm still surprised they didn't bolt with the Catholic 7. That would have given them a home for their other sports that was almost on par with the ACC yet they would have total FB independence and keep their $15M from NBC. Funny, ISU is going to make more off of FB TV revenue than ND is!