Looks like the Price of ESPN+/Big 12 Now is going up

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
For $10 a month, I still see ESPN+ as a good deal. Especially when I only need to subscribe for about 6 months of the year. Small price to pay to watch about half the Cyclone hoops games. Plus it allows access to subscriber only content on the ESPN website.

My only complaint is ESPN hasn't invested much in the look/user interface of the platform.
Was it half though? Seems like when I got it last year, I was thinking it was going to allow me to see all the ISU games. Turns out, it was much less than that. I remember it as only about a third of the games.

Frustrating because the media rights were spread out between, I could be wrong on this, FS1, espn+, TNT, espn, etc. It was hit and miss. You were lucky if you had a package that had all that coverage.

Thankfully I had, still have, cyclones.com, so I always had the radio (and delayed, most of the time, if I wanted).

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
The day is coming when my entire sports TV diet will consist of whatever I can get with an OTA antenna and streams from Reddit.
I don't mind paying for Sports. It's all the other content I can do without when subscribing to Mediacom, YouTubeTV, FuboTV, etc.

Instead of paying $75 for the above multi-channel platforms. I would pay for ESPN, Marquee, etc. if they have the teams I like. There is a lot of free platforms like Pluto, YouTube, etc. Heck I didn't realize until recently that Amazon Prime is accessible free with ad based programming.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
Already cancelled ESPN+. It provides such little content that I enjoy I can’t justify it.
And... there are always somewhat less legal (but not illegal) work-arounds.
Yeah, may not be HDTV, but still worth it here in Hawkeye land.

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
The day is coming when my entire sports TV diet will consist of whatever I can get with an OTA antenna and streams from Reddit.

I already do this.
DITTO! And its a great deal. Even when I have to hunt for the proper feed at the beginning of the season and also put up with non HD feeds.

I mean, WHO wants to watch the SEC at just about any time anyway. B1G is barely better.

Reactions: CloneAttack

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Yikes. I keep this just for a bit of UFC. I'll probably cancel soon.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Meh, big deal. It's the same cost for a single school subscription to Big 10+. Worth it for the fall/winter for football/MBB/WBB.

Might do da bundle thingie this winter since there is a small backlog of things on Disney and Hulu I'd like to check out during the cold and dark months.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
I can't wait for that stellar production and commentary like, "well we don't know what the refs called there, but we will let you know once we get you back from the break."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Keep an old computer around, wipe it clean, and never input any personal info. Just came from the vpn thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Still one of the best values in sports.

Depends. I’d pay for it if ISU is on, a much higher rate if it has all b12 games.

If ISU isn’t on, it’s worth almost nothing to me.

But yeah, a 40 team super league is going to grow college sports.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I wouldn’t have a problem with $10/mo if the espn+ subscription came with ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU but I have to have a tv subscription for those. Heck, I would pay $15/mo for all ESPN and cancel my tv subscription.
I think just ESPN is worth about $9 on a cable bill.

Help Support Us

Become a patron