Lou Holtz done @ ESPN

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Phasing out some of the old dead wood. Next step should be to get rid of some of their ********.

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
Was there a college that was associated with Lou that didn't find CHEATING DURING HIS TENURE OR AFTER HE LEFT?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
[video=youtube;Iri0beuhlZ8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iri0beuhlZ8[/video]

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
One of the greatest coaches and motivators of all time. I have read both of his books and they are excellent. He is well aware of his speech impediment, but I don't think television broadcasting is his thing. He brings great insight but he is certainly difficult to understand at times.

CYlent Bob

Aug 7, 2006
The Winterset Metroplex
There was a guy from Ankeny who played football at Minnesota under Holt (class of 85). Don't remember his name, but I roomed with one of his HS classmates at ISU.

When he came to visit one weekend, Mark told me ahead of time "Whatever you do, don't bring up Coach Holtz unless you want to set off a rant". Apparently, he wasn't a fan.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
Ill never forget the time that we were playing Iowa and he goes something like "iowa needs to worry about their real rival UNI" and picks Iowa as did everyone else. We then beat them that day.

algonacy

Feb 19, 2012
Iowa
Class of '85 grad was John Leverenz (sp?) and he was a great player. If I remember correctly John really liked Iowa but chose UM solely because of Holtz who then proceeded to leave for Notre Dame after his first (redshirt) season. John had a great freshman year (1987) and led the Big 10 in tackles from his middle linebacker position but had a knee injury his sophomore year and never fully recovered from that. He was a beast but also a heck of a great guy and smart as heck. Minus that knee injury he would have played on Sundays for a long time.