Lua brewing introduces THC/CBD beverage

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
First time users should start at no more than 5MG and wait a minimum of an hour before taking any more.
Agreed.
I tend to take 5mg (a great blue sour raspberry flavor by the way) if I've had a couple drinks. If not, I'll take 10. 10 doesn't make me "high" it just resets my body a little.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I have no experience with this type of THC - or the Delta 8 stuff either. I'm going to have to try it.

I want to try as well. At the least any alternative to alcohol that can be consumed in a social setting like a bar or party is a good thing. Great for HS and College kids especially (I know that sounds ****** up but seriously we all know how this works).

• Agree
Reactions: 1100011CS

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Can someone explain to me why this is legal in Iowa? Not that I don’t think it should be. I absolutely think it should but I didn’t know you could legally sell THC in Iowa.
I've been wondering about this since last summer when my wife and I went to the Hinterland festival. One of the vendor tents had a CBD sign so I went in to check it out. There were two big glass jars full of gummies on the table and the owner pointed at one and told me they were CBD that would be good for relaxation as well as my hangover tomorrow. Then he points at the other jar, says they're THC gummies and warns me I probably wouldn't want to drive home if I went that route. There were cops all over the place but this guy clearly wasn't hiding what he was selling. I left under the impression delta 8/9 must be legal in Iowa but based on some googling I did the next day, that wasn't the case. Must be some kind of loophole or something.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Is that true? The THC/CBD content per can seems comparable to what you’d find in a low-dose edible.

5mg is half a normal edible. 10mg is a lot for me, it hits you and stays for 6 hrs, which is way too long. Or, ahh so I have heard. 5mg in a drink is perfect.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
First time users should start at no more than 5MG and wait a minimum of an hour before taking any more.
This. Anytime I’m with someone trying for the first time 5 mg is perfect. Just enough to get the giggles and feel relaxed, but not stoned out of their mind. If a new user took 30 mg they’d likely have a panic attack.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
This. Anytime I’m with someone trying for the first time 5 mg is perfect. Just enough to get the giggles and feel relaxed, but not stoned out of their mind. If a new user took 30 mg they’d likely have a panic attack.

I've seen some users get to that Paranoia threshold with 10mg too. :(

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
5mg is half a normal edible. 10mg is a lot for me, it hits you and stays for 6 hrs, which is way too long. Or, ahh so I have heard. 5mg in a drink is perfect.

Too many times I've taken a 10MG about 7:00 PM, only to wake up high as hell at 3:00 AM.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Too many times I've taken a 10MG about 7:00 PM, only to wake up high as hell at 3:00 AM.
I usually just do like 2.5 mg if I take a gummy during the week. Gets me relaxed and I sleep great without feeling overly high. I'm not a very frequent user though. I don't like going to bed overly high

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

From what I have heard in the past from casual edible users (i.e. once a week) this checks out. 2.5mg is good for a low-key night, 10+ is when they start to get into “get stupid” territory, and 5mg is “just right”.

Edit: forgot to add that their high sounds like it lasts the entire night. 6 hours is pretty short but everyone’s different.

Reactions: gocy444

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron