Lua brewing introduces THC/CBD beverage

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I'm sorry but **** like this is honestly so dumb. Nobody needs that much THC unless they are actively choosing to destroy their tolerance.

I smoke weed almost every day and a 5mg gummy or seltzer still gives me a decent buzz and 10mg gets me pretty stoned. There's no reason anybody would ever need 50mg unless they are chronically overusing.
People have wildly different tolerances to edibles. I have a friend who can't eat more than 2.5mg without feeling like he's going to have a heart attack. I can't feel less than 30mg. I primarily use a volcano and an ounce lasts almost 2 months. It's not apples to apples to smoking/vaping

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I'm sorry but **** like this is honestly so dumb. Nobody needs that much THC unless they are actively choosing to destroy their tolerance.

I smoke weed almost every day and a 5mg gummy or seltzer still gives me a decent buzz and 10mg gets me pretty stoned. There's no reason anybody would ever need 50mg unless they are chronically overusing.
Not dumb at all. If you don’t want the full fidy then drink less. I paid $9 for this can and a 4 pack of CK 10mg is around $28. So $7 a can for 10mg or $9 for 50mg.

I’ll probably try splitting it into 3oz portions and see how that goes, or maybe just down the whole thing for science. I am kind of curious what that would be like.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
People have wildly different tolerances to edibles. I have a friend who can't eat more than 2.5mg without feeling like he's going to have a heart attack. I can't feel less than 30mg. I primarily use a volcano and an ounce lasts almost 2 months. It's not apples to apples to smoking/vaping
I threw down a 25 in Vegas for UNLV game and drank a boatload of Raiders cans of Coors Light and had the best damn night ever, LOL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m gonna have my usual Friday night 3-4 beers and a 2.5MG Kite and wake up around 5 AM ready to take on the mothe f*cking world. Gonna bike the Root River Trail in Lanesboro, MN tomorrow and watch our game at a bar I ride to. In February
Love that trail.

Reactions: Al_4_State

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Anyone tried one of these? Found a random single on a gas station shelf.

View attachment 123629

Kind of agree. Appears to be just what it says it is. New Orleans origin. $100 for a 12-pack is pretty cheap THC.

Humanjukebox

Oct 16, 2017
I am way too high. Think I'll avoid the 10 mg ones going forward.
Agreed, but a little different experience. Bought a 10mg at Campbell's Nutrition (really convenient), drank it between 5-5:30pm nice and slow, hit me around 6:30pm. Had a slight weed taste to me (berry flavor). Pretty intense high til around 10pm, drinking water all night. Overall a great experience until the next morning, woke up with that slight weed taste in my mouth with watery spit and stomach in knots, puked my guts out, felt fine after. Had a similar reaction with edibles a few years ago, kinda leery trying a lower dose can, maybe edibles/infused drinks aren't for me, which sucks, was hoping for a nice alternative to alcohol.

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
If any of you fine folks cross the border into MN there’s a THC drink named Birdie. Tastes like a sweet berry lemonade. I take one can and split it with sprite. It’s absolutely delicious.

Attachments

• IMG_8385.png
    IMG_8385.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Gunnerclone

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Agreed, but a little different experience. Bought a 10mg at Campbell's Nutrition (really convenient), drank it between 5-5:30pm nice and slow, hit me around 6:30pm. Had a slight weed taste to me (berry flavor). Pretty intense high til around 10pm, drinking water all night. Overall a great experience until the next morning, woke up with that slight weed taste in my mouth with watery spit and stomach in knots, puked my guts out, felt fine after. Had a similar reaction with edibles a few years ago, kinda leery trying a lower dose can, maybe edibles/infused drinks aren't for me, which sucks, was hoping for a nice alternative to alcohol.
If I have one complaint with these, is that for me they've very inconsistent. I've had 10's before that haven't done much for me. Last night was not it, had my first 'way too high panic attack'. I did learn on reddit last night that chewing on peppercorn can calm you down when this happens, unfortunately I couldn't find any.

5mg seems to be the sweet spot for me. Just very relaxed and able to enjoy my high at that level.

Last edited:

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
Lol well there's your answer. Dry herb vaping might be "healthier" but each time you use that thing your body is conditioned to handle extreme amounts of THC

I'm aware some people react differently to edibles. That's definitely a small percentage though. I'm not here to judge but if I got to a point where I couldn't feel anything less than 30mg I'd take a break. It only takes a month to reset your tolerance.

Last edited:

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Lol well there's your answer. Dry herb vaping might be "healthier" but each time you use that thing your body is conditioned to handle extreme amounts of THC

I'm aware some people react differently to edibles. That's definitely a small percentage though. I'm not here to judge but if I got to a point where I couldn't feel anything less than 30mg I'd take a break. It only takes a month to reset your tolerance.
My tolerance to vaping/smoking isn't any different than any other regular cannabis user, idk what to tell you. Is vaporization more efficient than smoking? Of course. Is my edible tolerance probably higher because I use my vaped matter to make edibles? For sure. This isn't some new thing though. If you ask 10 stereotypical stoners their preferred dose you're going to get a bunch of different answers.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I was in University Liquors in Waukee over the weekend. (They’ve been my go to spot to find Ames Lager)

They had about 3 shelves full of Climbing Kites.

• Informative
Reactions: ClonesFTW

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
I'm that guy. I'm an extremely rare user but if I smoke I can push the limits a bit no problem, edibles/liquids I can't handle much of anything.

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Anyone tried one of these? Found a random single on a gas station shelf.

View attachment 123629
tiger-tiger-woods.gif

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny