Madison Baier commits to Iowa State

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
I wonder if BF has Susan Trapp of Esko, Mn. on his radar. Susan is a 6-8 junior to be and already holds the Minnesota blocked shots record. Minnesota probably has the inside track on her as her cousin Ann Dvorak in on their roster. Susan is a big project. As with all big posts she needs weights and conditioning in the next two years. I watched her play against a Wisc. team in the Twin Cities and she has pretty good footwork but is slow up and down the court. She jumps about as well as Prins does and thus can block and alter a lot of shots. One to watch for sure.

mwwbbfan

Jun 1, 2010
Iowa City, IA
I wonder if BF has Susan Trapp of Esko, Mn. on his radar. Susan is a 6-8 junior to be and already holds the Minnesota blocked shots record. Minnesota probably has the inside track on her as her cousin Ann Dvorak in on their roster. Susan is a big project. As with all big posts she needs weights and conditioning in the next two years. I watched her play against a Wisc. team in the Twin Cities and she has pretty good footwork but is slow up and down the court. She jumps about as well as Prins does and thus can block and alter a lot of shots. One to watch for sure.

My understanding is that Susan was at the ISU Elite Camp last week.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
My understanding is that Susan was at the ISU Elite Camp last week.

Her name is Savanna Trapp. She was at the elite camp, and I heard a rumor we offered her a scholarship.

Here's an article and video about her: WDIO.com - Savanna Trapp, Esko Basketball

She looks like a bit of a project, but she only just finished her sophomore season so she still has two more years of high school to work on strength and conditioning. She was still growing this past season so she might be even taller than 6'8" by the time she hits college.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Her name is Savanna Trapp. She was at the elite camp, and I heard a rumor we offered her a scholarship.

Here's an article and video about her: WDIO.com - Savanna Trapp, Esko Basketball

She looks like a bit of a project, but she only just finished her sophomore season so she still has two more years of high school to work on strength and conditioning. She was still growing this past season so she might be even taller than 6'8" by the time she hits college.

Hey Mred, Just want to let you know your information, being current and accurate, is greatly appreciated.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County
Hey Mred, Just want to let you know your information, being current and accurate, is greatly appreciated.

Yes, thank you MRed for correcting my errors. Susan/ Savanna... I get it. But, before I brought her up when were you going to do it? I see more AAU games then most of the people on this board and I don't need Cyclone Bob to dismiss me as someone who doesn't know crap. Check the posts, I mentioned Madison last year when she was a sophomore. I saw her play Newton and thought she had potential and now she has accepted an offer. I hope Savana comes to Iowa State as does Jadda and Shea. As far as being current, when did you and or Cyclone Bob last see Savana play? Sorry, but I don't like the "know it all click" that has formed around the Twister Sisters. Anybody can use google. If you want to be current and accurate then get out there and watch their games. I will still be at any girl's basketball tournament that I can. By the way, I saw Savana in the Twin Cities after everyone else wanted to go to the Mall of America and I saw on one of the girl's basketball sites that I visit that there was a tournament in town. I am glad I did because I got to see some great basketball. Again, thanks Mred for the correction.

Last edited:

Legend12

May 9, 2008
I watched her last night in the Game Time League...she seemed to move laterally fairly well for her size. Was not real aggressive on either end of the floor but she plays on a team with Kachine Alexander and Jacqui Kalin so she is not exactly the first option for the team. She was matched up with Keitel from UNI and did a fair job against her.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
As far as being current, when did you and or Cyclone Bob last see Savana play? Sorry, but I don't like the "know it all click" that has formed around the Twister Sisters. Anybody can use google. If you want to be current and accurate then get out there and watch their games.

Two people mistyped her name and I corrected it. Yes, the vast majority of what I know about recruits I get from google, and if anyone else wanted to do a web search about her they might be confused why they didn't get any results.

There's not a whole lot of WBB recruiting info out there, and there's especially not a whole lot of ISU WBB recruiting info out there because BF holds his cards very close. I get most of my info from scouring the web and the occasional person "in the know" feeding me info. Sometimes when I get inside info like that (which isn't very often), I have to make a judgement call on what ought to be made public since BF is so private about recruiting and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I found out about the Trapp offer about a week ago. I wasn't sure if I should post it, but since she came up on the board I figured I'd go ahead and share what I knew.

I have a wife and two young kids, so my opportunities for getting out there to watch games are pretty limited. That's why it's especially helpful for people like you who actually see recruits play to let us know their strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Yes, thank you MRed for correcting my errors. Susan/ Savanna... I get it. But, before I brought her up when were you going to do it? I see more AAU games then most of the people on this board and I don't need Cyclone Bob to dismiss me as someone who doesn't know crap. Check the posts, I mentioned Madison last year when she was a sophomore. I saw her play Newton and thought she had potential and now she has accepted an offer. I hope Savana comes to Iowa State as does Jadda and Shea. As far as being current, when did you and or Cyclone Bob last see Savana play? Sorry, but I don't like the "know it all click" that has formed around the Twister Sisters. Anybody can use google. If you want to be current and accurate then get out there and watch their games. I will still be at any girl's basketball tournament that I can. By the way, I saw Savana in the Twin Cities after everyone else wanted to go to the Mall of America and I saw on one of the girl's basketball sites that I visit that there was a tournament in town. I am glad I did because I got to see some great basketball. Again, thanks Mred for the correction.

Jeez. He just corrected you on her name. Susan isn't even close and I would think someone who had seen her so much would remember her name. I don't follow womens basketball recruiting closely at all but I do check out the threads to learn things and mred is often the guy giving the info. I don't really care if it comes from google or some other web source either.

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
I watched her last night in the Game Time League...she seemed to move laterally fairly well for her size. Was not real aggressive on either end of the floor but she plays on a team with Kachine Alexander and Jacqui Kalin so she is not exactly the first option for the team. She was matched up with Keitel from UNI and did a fair job against her.

Hi Legend. Glad you posted on the good guy board.:spinny:

I looked for you but didn't see you.

She has definitely lost some baby fat from last year. Appears to be in much better shape.

Had a good attitude and was having fun. Lost a couple of rebounds because of lack of strength and not lack of effort. Held her own against Keitel. Appears at least an inch taller.

Her team also had 5 people on the bench. Coach had to rotate them around the stars.She didn't play much with the first string.

She looked better than 2 of Iowa's 2011 recruits. Equal to one.

Virginia Johnson is a special athlete. Has much room to grow.

Logic pushed way too hard. Had 22 points but took a lot of shots and tried to force her offense. Can see her specialness, though. She will be good in the future.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Two people mistyped her name and I corrected it. Yes, the vast majority of what I know about recruits I get from google, and if anyone else wanted to do a web search about her they might be confused why they didn't get any results.

There's not a whole lot of WBB recruiting info out there, and there's especially not a whole lot of ISU WBB recruiting info out there because BF holds his cards very close. I get most of my info from scouring the web and the occasional person "in the know" feeding me info. Sometimes when I get inside info like that (which isn't very often), I have to make a judgement call on what ought to be made public since BF is so private about recruiting and I don't want to get anyone in trouble. I found out about the Trapp offer about a week ago. I wasn't sure if I should post it, but since she came up on the board I figured I'd go ahead and share what I knew.

I have a wife and two young kids, so my opportunities for getting out there to watch games are pretty limited. That's why it's especially helpful for people like you who actually see recruits play to let us know their strengths, weaknesses, and tendencies.

I agree Red. It's nice when people who make those games have insights to share. Like you I have some connections inside, but more than anything I respect how Coach Fennelly handles things. If he wants things held close to the chest that is how it should be played period. Anyone can google, but not everyone takes the time to do the research to help find info. It's all a team effort here!

grimesassassin

Jun 21, 2011
Madison is a great addition to the Iowa State Family and I couldn't agree less with Grimes statement that she is slow. Grimes must still be reeling from that regional final loss. One of the things that all of the college coaches like about her is her ability to run the floor and of course that she is all of 6'4". She moves really well laterally and dribbles the ball well. She has a huge upside and I think will improve a tremendous amount under the coaching of the Iowa State staff.

bhutch65

Sep 17, 2007
Coralville
Madison didn't play last week. Possibly an AAU tournament?

Madison guarded Morgan Johnson 2 weeks ago. There is less than an inch difference in height.

Held up well against D1 competition. Morgan runs very well and is in better condition than Madison. Madison hustles but needs to work on upper body strength. Got a nice scrap basket. When she realizes she can play with these women, her game will thrive.

Played defensively behind Morgan. Held her own. Morgan has little help on her team offensively.

All GTL (half way point)

Jacqui Kalin- UNI- MVP

Kach Alexander

Kamille Wahlin

Mackenzie Westcott- Bradley

Virginia Johnson

Special mention: Kelly Krei, KK Armstrong, Jen Keital (nails),Sam Logic, Sharnae Lamar

Kalli Hanson looks like a better shooter than what she is. Hopefully she won't find her game in Ames.

UNI has many very good players and they are playing more confidently this summer. They'll be salty.

Printy has not played. Nesbitt has not played. Jade Rogers has not played. Considine has improved. Theairra Taylor has not played.

Look forward to going tonight.

907CY

Jan 30, 2010
Northern Polk County

Madison guarded Morgan Johnson 2 weeks ago. There is less than an inch difference in height.

Held up well against D1 competition. Morgan runs very well and is in better condition than Madison. Madison hustles but needs to work on upper body strength. Got a nice scrap basket. When she realizes she can play with these women, her game will thrive.

Played defensively behind Morgan. Held her own. Morgan has little help on her team offensively.

All GTL (half way point)

Jacqui Kalin- UNI- MVP

Kach Alexander

Kamille Wahlin

Virginia Johnson

Special mention: Kelly Krei, KK Armstrong, Jen Keital (nails),Sam Logic, Sharnae Lamar

Kalli Hanson looks like a better shooter than what she is. Hopefully she won't find her game in Ames.

UNI has many very good players and they are playing more confidently this summer. They'll be salty.

Printy has not played. Nesbitt has not played. Jade Rogers has not played. Considine has improved. Theairra Taylor has not played.

Thanks for the update. UNI could play a four gaurd offense this year since they are so young in the post. Both Iowa and UNI will be tough games for the Clones this season. Has anyone been out to see the sisters scrimmage yet?

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006

All GTL (half way point)

Jacqui Kalin- UNI- MVP

Kach Alexander

Kamille Wahlin

Virginia Johnson

Morgan Johnson herself was the same player you describe Madison as being her senior year down here at Platte County. Would never thought she could be a influence early like she is. Hard work and Madison can do the same if we can get the conditioning for her