Malwarebytes listing CF as source of malware

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
My Malwarebytes is initially blocking access to the site for my browser citing it as a potential risk. Just an FYI

Website blocked: cyclonefanatic.com

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.​

We strongly recommend you do not continue.​

What is riskware?​

Riskware, or "risky software," describes legitimate software programs that contain loopholes or vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers for malicious purposes.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
My Malwarebytes is initially blocking access to the site for my browser citing it as a potential risk. Just an FYI

Malwarebytes Browser Guard blocked this website because it may contain malware activity.​

What is riskware?​

Riskware, or "risky software," describes legitimate software programs that contain loopholes or vulnerabilities that can be exploited by hackers for malicious purposes.

Same exact thing for me also. I'm being risky according to Malwarebytes Browser Guard for even coming here.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Thanks guys. Sending this onto my security folks.

Weird. Has to be coming from a bad ad I would assume as our scans have not indicated anything.
Public RBLs often monitor redirects from advertising and sites regularly use the RBLs to warn the public. Your site admin will need to A. remove the offending ad and B. solicit a retraction from the RBL.

EnkAMania

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 31, 2013
Seattle

What is riskware?​

It probably just saw Surly's bold purple font and assumed it was malware activity.