Man Colds

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Woke up yesterday with a graugy headache type of thing and not noro-level stomach issues but a little gurgly throughout the morning. Still had a headache last night but it's subsided this morning.
This has been me since Saturday. The headache seems to go away for a day only to come back the next day thing that is getting really irritating.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I've had an annoying cough since Thanksgiving.
Me too!

Tuesday-Thursday of Thanksgiving week I had a terrible sore throat & sinus drainage; felt lots better by Thanksgiving evening, but by the weekend a phlegmy cough had settled into my chest & it’s been dragging on ever since. It does improve a little every day but it’s annoying.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Me too!

Tuesday-Thursday of Thanksgiving week I had a terrible sore throat & sinus drainage; felt lots better by Thanksgiving evening, but by the weekend a phlegmy cough had settled into my chest & it’s been dragging on ever since. It does improve a little every day but it’s annoying.

I never had the sore throat but the rest is spot on

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
My wife and I picked up colds while traveling these past few days. I have a cough that feels like I’m getting stabbed in the chest. She has the runny nose and sore throat. I don’t know what to do since we’re sick at the same time. Nobody to listen to me whine.

• Haha
Reactions: jdcyclone19

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
My wife picked up a cold traveling that wiped her out for over a week. Being the understanding husband I let her sleep as much as she wanted and listened to her whining with sympathy, anticipating that I would end up sick too and that she could then reciprocate.
I did get sick. Monday. 3 hours before she left on a business trip. I'm surviving, but I have no one to complain to, so here I am.

• Sad
Reactions: TXCyclones

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
My wife picked up a cold traveling that wiped her out for over a week. Being the understanding husband I let her sleep as much as she wanted and listened to her whining with sympathy, anticipating that I would end up sick too and that she could then reciprocate.
I did get sick. Monday. 3 hours before she left on a business trip. I'm surviving, but I have no one to complain to, so here I am.
Our thoughts are with you. Stay strong.

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
I have a persistent cough and with each cough I’m pretty sure I’m another inch in the ground towards death. I’ll be six feet under soon.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
My wife and I took our daughter, her husband and our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter to Disney World over Thanksgiving. After flying home my wife immediately came down with a horrible cold and, 3 days later, it hit me.

Of course my wife just put her head down and quietly powered through it, but I had to go to the emergency clinic on Sunday because I could no longer handle the sore throat. It was embarrassing when the lady doctor examined me and said "yeah, your throat is a little red." Now it has spread to my eyes and I'm hoping I don't go blind.

Why are women so tough?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
I've had a cough since October 24thish. Productive most of that time. Sinus pressure, especially in the ears seems to come and go. I thought I was past all of it and then tonight my throat is all phlegmy and scratchy and the ear pressure is back.

Frustrated is an understatement.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A lot of Covid going around. I thought I had strep so I went in to get meds, nope so they tested for the rona just incase. Yep, I had it and they said it's flared back up. Mostly like a cold this time around. Sinus issues, cough, aches, and a headache.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It sounds like we need to pull together in this time of great need and suffering by so many of our CFers. This is truly a turbulent time when all our thoughts and prayers can lift these guys up and give them the strength to pull through.

Or, does anybody know where you can get a discount on bulk coffin orders?

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
A lot of Covid going around. I thought I had strep so I went in to get meds, nope so they tested for the rona just incase. Yep, I had it and they said it's flared back up. Mostly like a cold this time around. Sinus issues, cough, aches, and a headache.
This has to be what I've had (still have) despite testing negative. I've taken more advil, benadryl, Flonase and mucinex DM than I have in my life. I finally got a steroid inhaler and prednisone that was helping.

If we're ordering bulk coffins, put me down for one.

CivEFootball

Sep 16, 2010
Or, does anybody know where you can get a discount on bulk coffin orders?
If we're ordering bulk coffins, put me down for one.

Paging @brentblum here's your next WeWill collective product. Prepaid customized coffins and funeral service since CF is a bunch of oldies. Bonus add on to the package would be having someone who gets paid to attends the funeral.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and nrg4isu