Mangino is AP coach of the year

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
2008 non-confernce schedule away UNLV & Iowa respectable
2009 non-conference schedule home Army & Iowa respectable
2010 non-conference schedule away Iowa & home Utah respectable

2007 Kansas toughest non-conference Toledo home.

Schedules wont be similar....

Hence the "Let's just say...."/hypothetical nature of my post.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I guess you CAN have your cake and eat it too...and everyone else's cake.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Im already pumped to play KU as the first game of the conf season next year. JTS is going to be crazy.

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI
I think Coach Mangino, also known in my household alternately as Mangina, Alligator Arms or "Ohmigod they got a suit on him!" really does deserve this honor. Kansas rated number one? That's like ISU being rated number one. And it gives me hope that it can happen in Ames too!

chiefsnclones

Sep 30, 2007
he kind of won by default. all the other candidates lost games they should not have and got out coached. he did get a perennial bad team to have a once in a lifetime season so congrats to the big guy in that one. let's see how he does against good teams next year, i see 4 guaranteed losses with at least one upset(at ISU!). if mangina(yeah i call him that too) can get his team to a BCS bowl next year, then he will get the best coach ever award. i also see them getting owned by vatech in miami proving they don't deserve to be there so if mangina can get ku to hang in there i will be impressed.

pinkel doesn't deserve it cuz u shouldn't lose to the same team and get out coached by the same guy twice

EggMcClone

Mar 19, 2006
Michigan
mylifeinthebasement.blogspot.com
People expected Mizzou to be pretty good this year but even some of the optimistic predictions for KU only had them winning 7 or so games. A good coach will make sure that his teams beat teams they are supposed to more often than not and they definitely did that this year.