• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
A bit for me too.

2nd half of Ms marvel, last part of Secret Invasion, and pretty much all of She-Hulk soured me. I still have some hope for some of their projects but it’s gonna take something smartly written to excite me again.
Secret Invasion was the first time I actively questioned why it was made. Even with Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk I understood what they were trying to do even if didn't completely succeed. However, Secret Invasion felt like the biggest vanity project where they decided that our time with Sam Jackson in the MCU was almost done, so we better do something with him. Fury never changed. It resolved nothing and added unnecessary complications to the MCU as a whole and served to potentially undermine legit emotional moments in past projects. In the end, it's just a worse version of the Hydra reveal with none of the punch.

Last edited:

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

While Emily Blunt alongside her husband John Krasinski are my first choice for the MCU's power couple, Vanessa Kirby might be my second choice.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Finally am all caught up on MCU stuff with watching Guardians last night so I can rejoin the conversation.

1. Guardians was great. Felt like a classic Marvel movie. I still think the first Guardians is the best but this definitely hit the most emotionally of the 3. Really enjoyed it.

2. Quantumania. I actually enjoyed this. I went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised. Not a top tier movie by any means but solid.

3. Secret Invasion. Disney + shows just continue to struggle outside of a couple of them. Started off good for the first few episodes then the ending just wasn't good.

Last edited:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm with you for the most part. I enjoyed Guardians quite a bit, and Quantumania was fine, but the fact that Majors is probably out as Kang now kind of hangs over the whole thing.

I'm not watching another D+ Marvel show. I'm done with them.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

While Emily Blunt alongside her husband John Krasinski are my first choice for the MCU's power couple, Vanessa Kirby might be my second choice.

A lot of rumors that Jack Quaid (Star Trek: Lower Decks & The Boys) has been cast as Johnny Storm. He has denied the casting, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the MCU or DC Universe soon.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Starting the Fury series? Anything I should know to help me enjoy it?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Goes off the rails at the end too
If you have never seen a "thriller" or espionage film before then Secret Invasion would be amazing. I feel like the target audience for this show was kids that grew up during Phase 1-3 and now they are branching out style-wise as the audience is 15 years older. There are a lot of tropes that seasoned film-goers will see coming from a mile away, but the 20-something audience will be seeing this for the first time.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
If you have never seen a "thriller" or espionage film before then Secret Invasion would be amazing. I feel like the target audience for this show was kids that grew up during Phase 1-3 and now they are branching out style-wise as the audience is 15 years older. There are a lot of tropes that seasoned film-goers will see coming from a mile away, but the 20-something audience will be seeing this for the first time.

It wasn't just the spy thriller story aspects I was referring to as going off the rails, but also the ridiculous CGI looking overpowered direction this series took the entire MCU into, and I get that some of that is actually comic accurate. It still doesn't mean it was a smart direction. The whole ending was also ripe with logical fallacies from characters throughout that completely took me out of the story. I don't feel like I'm alone either on these things, as the entire internet has been shredding this series, particularly the ending to pieces.

All this isn't to say that there wasn't aspects of the series in which I did enjoy, because there were. I thought the best part of the series was watching the relationship dynamics between both Fury and Priscilla and Fury and Talos.

Last edited:

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Loki S2E1 was a BANGER. LOVED it. We both watched it and had the same comment… “see that’s what Disney needs to do, keep the episodes nice and short, they don’t all need to be 40 minutes long.” … backed out to the episode list and realized that the runtime was actually 47 minutes. The pace was frenetic, the mysteries they’re setting up were compelling… just A+, what a complete return to form for MCU television.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I did enjoy the first episode of Loki. There is a small post credits sequence starting at about 41:20.

• Informative
Reactions: Triggermv