Marvin Clark

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
People seriously think how schools do in one season or one game has any effect on an recruit after what we just went through with Vaughn? Really?

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
People seriously think how schools do in one season or one game has any effect on an recruit after what we just went through with Vaughn? Really?
Depends on the recruit. To say it has no impact would be equally wrong. One season like UVa is having can an impact imo, but one game is stretching it. A good recruiter can sell either.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
How do you silently commit. Just stare at coach and nod your head. The coach then nods his head back?

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
What did Sparty score today? 46 Good lord. I hope that brand of basketball does not interest him.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
You can bet Izzo will use the fact that they only scored in the 40's as a recruiting pitch. Trying to convince him that they really need his scoring/shooting. Well, if he would have watched our game, he could see the same! Noticed he retweeted some KSU fan that asked "did you see KSU beat ISU tonight?" Who retweets that when the loser is one of the teams wanting you? Not feeling upbeat about his decision.Maybe someone else can convince me otherwise?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
You can bet Izzo will use the fact that they only scored in the 40's as a recruiting pitch. Trying to convince him that they really need his scoring/shooting. Well, if he would have watched our game, he could see the same! Noticed he retweeted some KSU fan that asked "did you see KSU beat ISU tonight?" Who retweets that when the loser is one of the teams wanting you? Not feeling upbeat about his decision.Maybe someone else can convince me otherwise?

Our HS recruiting is not great. That and the fact that we're competing with MSU and a local school plus we just started recruiting him 6 weeks ago tells me we have our work cut out for us.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Our HS recruiting is not great. That and the fact that we're competing with MSU and a local school plus we just started recruiting him 6 weeks ago tells me we have our work cut out for us.

Well, I don't think MichSt started recruiting him until after us, actually.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Well, I don't think MichSt started recruiting him until after us, actually.

That's probably true but when you're ISU competit against Mich State you need any advantage you can get. I think distance plays in our favor a little (and KSU), but my point is he can easily be swayed by a blue blood.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

This year hasn't been good, last year was great. Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't put all of our eggs in the Vaughn basket and been played by him.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
This year hasn't been good, last year was great. Who knows what would have happened if we hadn't put all of our eggs in the Vaughn basket and been played by him.

It would have worked out great if UNLV didn't $way him their way somehow

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
So, what do you make of his retweeting a tweet about our losing to KState? Nothing to read into?