Mascot Challenge -- ISU vs. ARK

JokersWild

Mar 29, 2006
It appears we're currently losing. With 53% to 47%. We should probably think about finishing this thing off since we've already spent a bunch of time on it.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Last edited:

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I'm not blocking cookies on one of my computers here at work so I can track the percentages but I can't get them to show up. It just goes to the vote screen again. Is anyone else having that problem?

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I'm not blocking cookies on one of my computers here at work so I can track the percentages but I can't get them to show up. It just goes to the vote screen again. Is anyone else having that problem?
Same here, can't get to the percentages.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Same here, can't get to the percentages.

I can get to them.

53% Arkansas Razorbacks
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

47% Iowa State Cyclones
bar_back.gif

bar_front.gif

Total Votes: 8158

I'm going to be out of town until Monday night so I won't be able to vote. Hopefully we don't have a "let down" after the fiece battle with MSU.

DareDevil

Nov 27, 2006
Muscatine
I believe that CBS has but a block on people who vote massively and that is why the totals are so low. I voted probably 100 times last light and the vote total only went up by 34 in 2 hours. Oh and in those 34 votes they picked up a 2% lead :baffled5wh: (It went from 50-50 to 52-48)

Also if someone would like to verify this with CBS that would be great, I would send an email, but I have to leave like 30 minutes ago, so...

Last edited:

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
"It was not shut down, but people who were mass voting – on both sides – were not allowed to vote anymore. So that’s why the voting slowed down.

J. Darin Darst"

I received this response when I asked about the slow down in voting at the end of the ISU MSU matchup. Looks like this is the case for the finals as well.

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
As it turns out I cannot vote anymore AFTER HE STATED HERE THAT I CAN RAPID FIRE MY VOTES.
Darst if you are reading this, you are a hypocrite. Telling me this and then stating I cant.

No – we said along time ago – this is the American Idol of mascots – vote as many times as you like as long as they are MANUAL votes – if you want to spend all night clicking 50,000 times, that’s fine, but what’s not allowed is setting up an automated program (sorry not using that cause I know thats cheating)to vote while you are sleeping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
As long as it is manual.
J. Darin Darst

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 2:10 PM
To: Darst, J. Darin
Subject: RE: this mascot thing-Please explain

I agree 100% so rapid firing is allowed to submit votes?

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:59 PM
To: Dave
Subject: RE: this mascot thing-Please explain

No – we said along time ago – this is the American Idol of mascots – vote as many times as you like as long as they are MANUAL votes – if you want to spend all night clicking 50,000 times, that’s fine, but what’s not allowed is setting up an automated program to vote while you are sleeping.

J. Darin Darst
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Darst, J. Darin
Subject: this mascot thing-Please explain

What exactly are the rules?

“Word on the street is Iowa State has a computer lab with 30 computers set up for 24-hour voting. Students are in shifts coming in and click, click, clicking.”-

Is there a limited amounts that you can vote?
Please explain
Dave

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Wow, you really took time out of your day to mail people at cbs to find out how to play the system better? Dosen't that just seem a little pathetic?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wow, you really took time out of your day to mail people at cbs to find out how to play the system better? Dosen't that just seem a little pathetic?

It is pathetic. It's also pathetic that we have people that joined the MSU board to trash talk them over a stupid internet poll. Like I've said all along, this is just a big pi$$ing contest and some people both here and at MSU have wasted way too much time with this. Yeah I'd love to see us win it but I'm not finding ways to multiple vote. I vote once on my home PC and once on my work PC then check the totals occasionaly. If I had nothing better to do than to email the CBS guy, trash talk on the MSU boards, and constantly post here begging for others to vote more then I think I'd have to take a look in the mirror and wonder why I don't have better things to do... :rolleyes5cz:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
It is pathetic. It's also pathetic that we have people that joined the MSU board to trash talk them over a stupid internet poll. Like I've said all along, this is just a big pi$$ing contest and some people both here and at MSU have wasted way too much time with this. Yeah I'd love to see us win it but I'm not finding ways to multiple vote. I vote once on my home PC and once on my work PC then check the totals occasionaly. If I had nothing better to do than to email the CBS guy, trash talk on the MSU boards, and constantly post here begging for others to vote more then I think I'd have to take a look in the mirror and wonder why I don't have better things to do... :rolleyes5cz:

I find it rather ironic that someone who has posted over 1200 times to this forum would scold other posters for not having "better things to do"...

xs330.jpg

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
Anyone know what the vote totals are??? I asked the ways we can vote. Followed it with Darst approval. Now I can't even get the totals anymore. Congrates to Arkansas for letting Darst make rules up as the game goes on.

Now I can watch my Cubs lose more games and drink more beer. Football season is around the corner. What else can I do... oh well sleep more I guess

Dave19642006

Nov 21, 2006
Des Moines
As for all of us multiple voting... Its all about Pride, Honor, and being faithful to your cause. I can say I love the Cyclones and will support them anyway I can no matter what. Do I have other things to do? Yes we all do. When it comes the the Clones, I proceed on and do what I can, WHEN I CAN. Maybe just maybe, thats why Iowa calls us the little brother, cause we talk the talk and not walk the walk.

LETS ALL BE A FAMILY AND SUPPORT EACH OTHERS CAUSE

GO CLONES, IN 2007 AND BEYOND

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I find it rather ironic that someone who has posted over 1200 times to this forum would scold other posters for not having "better things to do"...

xs330.jpg

I've also been a member since practically the start of this board too so if you do the math it's no more than about 3 posts a day on the average really...

Not like I'm taking my lunch break or hours at night to sit and vote for us over and over like some people have claimed to have done. :rolleyes5cz: