Masters of the Air

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Hope they do a Navy one next. Did Army in Europe (Band of Brothers), Marines in Pacific (The Pacific), Now Air, hopefully Naval theme next.

Unfortunately these have all taken 10 years between each instalment, so it will probably be a while.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Hope they do a Navy one next. Did Army in Europe (Band of Brothers), Marines in Pacific (The Pacific), Now Air, hopefully Naval theme next.

Unfortunately these have all taken 10 years between each instalment, so it will probably be a while.
Greyhound is Naval.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Greyhound is Naval.
Greyhound is a movie, not a series like these. Its a great movie, but not a series that can develop more of a long form story. Its not a "sequel" so to speak to Band of Brothers and The Pacific, like Masters of the Air is.

Spielberg is not part of it either I dont believe.

But there is a sequel to Greyhound in the works sounds like.

• Informative
Reactions: Clonedogg

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Anybody else watching? Pretty harrowing stuff. The last episode was incredible. Horrifying and heroic.
The last episode had me legitimately holding my breath through the entirety of the episode. No spoilers but the scene with Baby Face and Quinn left me speechless. An unimaginable circumstance.

It’s unbelievable how any soldier came back alive from WWII.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The last episode had me legitimately holding my breath through the entirety of the episode. No spoilers but the scene with Baby Face and Quinn left me speechless. An unimaginable circumstance.

It’s unbelievable how any soldier came back alive from WWII.
That was tough to watch. And if you want to, there are many similar (or even more harrowing) true stories from the war about airmen with that duty. Not for the faint of heart but I think it’s important for us all to appreciate what the greatest generation went through.

Reactions: herbicide

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I started watching The Pacific, but bailed on it after about 3 episodes. Posters here recommended the older Band of Brothers and I thought it was great. Hopefully this proves to be more like BoB.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
I specifically got Apple TV + for this show and it's been great so far. Very harrowing.

Semi-related; I also watched the "Monarch" series (Godzilla/Monsterverse) and I felt that was fantastic as well.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
My Grandpa was a B24 pilot during WWII, stationed in Italy. He talked some about the war later in his life-about the time my boys were in Jr High/HS. He also put together a diary/memoir and one thing he mentions when he discusses their flights is the flak. But now that we’re watching this, it gives a whole new deeper meaning to his words.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I started watching The Pacific, but bailed on it after about 3 episodes. Posters here recommended the older Band of Brothers and I thought it was great. Hopefully this proves to be more like BoB.
watch Generation Kill too. I would rank Generation Kill 1st, with Band of Brothers a close second, then a distant 3rd The Pacific. just watched episode one of Masters last night liked it and will be up there with the 1st 2 if it keeps similar through out.

Last edited:

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
My Grandpa was a B24 pilot during WWII, stationed in Italy. He talked some about the war later in his life-about the time my boys were in Jr High/HS. He also put together a diary/memoir and one thing he mentions when he discusses their flights is the flak. But now that we’re watching this, it gives a whole new deeper meaning to his words.

I felt this way watching The Pacific. My grandpa was tough as hell so I can't say I was shocked he was there but it still kept hitting me how unreal it was seeing something even close to what he must have seen. Same thing where it was 40 years before he ever really spoke about it, it was actually grandkids asking questions for school history projects. Those "interviews" for high school research papers are now a sort of family history document.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I specifically got Apple TV + for this show and it's been great so far. Very harrowing.

Semi-related; I also watched the "Monarch" series (Godzilla/Monsterverse) and I felt that was fantastic as well.
Watch For All Mankind, Foundation, and Severance next.

I think Apple has the best quality shows of the streaming services now. At least relative to cost.