Matt Campbell call-in show

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
Watching this replay on CycloneTV Mediacom

Anyone here called into this show?

Tuned-in late to hear some hayseed central/western Iowa guy (sounds like Chuck Grassley/Bob Feller/George Turner twang)

Caller starts pontificating, droning on about nonsense and welcoming the coach to ISU.....didn't have a question until 5 minutes into his verbose boring-azz monologue

geezus. these goofs who crave their '15 minutes of fame' make it painful to watch and listen. Get a grip. embarrassed for these coaches. thank goodness they get paid for this stuff

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
its usually just a train wreck tbh. Tried listening to it once and all i heard was dumb questions

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
its usually just a train wreck tbh. Tried listening to it once and all i heard was dumb questions
then a somewhat smart-sounding guy from CR calls in welcoming the coach....inviting him to eastern Iowa.....says he has 2 questions then proceeds to pontificate on two more softball fluffy topics and signs off.

never asked a question.......

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
There were some interesting nuggets. Like CMC saying that there were no transfers (besides Rohach) so far, and that he was going to concentrate on OL and DL with the rest of his commitments...

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Tuned-in late to hear some hayseed central/western Iowa guy (sounds like Chuck Grassley/Bob Feller/George Turner twang)

Caller starts pontificating, droning on about nonsense and welcoming the coach to ISU.....didn't have a question until 5 minutes into his verbose boring-azz monologue

geezus. these goofs who crave their '15 minutes of fame' make it painful to watch and listen. Get a grip. embarrassed for these coaches. thank goodness they get paid for this stuff

It is a shame not everyone can talk/sounds as eloquent as our dear ole' Jamby.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Good post. Great insight, troll.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Never listened to the Call In Show, but my biggest (and really only) complaint about SoundOff is the phone calls. Absolutely terrible.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Never listened to the Call In Show, but my biggest (and really only) complaint about SoundOff is the phone calls. Absolutely terrible.

Heeeyyyy Murph, Long time watcher, Loooooove the Show. I watched the game Saturday with my bros and I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but it seems to me that if when we were down by 5 with :30 seconds left and threw that incomplete pass in the end zone on 4th down that we would have been better off catching that pass than not catching it. Do you guys agree?

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Heeeyyyy Murph, Long time watcher, Loooooove the Show. I watched the game Saturday with my bros and I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but it seems to me that if when we were down by 5 with :30 seconds left and threw that incomplete pass in the end zone on 4th down that we would have been better off catching that pass than not catching it. Do you guys agree?

Maybe I'm biased but Hok fans are far worse. I remember some guy start cussing at them because they were "degrading iowa"

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Maybe I'm biased but Hok fans are far worse. I remember some guy start cussing at them because they were "degrading iowa"

Its amazing how many insecure fans they have (granted at times we aren't much better...)

When they added the UNI helmet to the set it shifted the other 2 helmets making the Iowa one tougher to see... on cue Sunday Night Drunk Hawk fan called in claiming bias because the ISU helmet was centered on set.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
"Hi Murph, thanks for taking my call. Long time listener, love the show. My question is about football. It seems like we should pass more sometimes and then maybe run more at other times. What do you guys think? I'll hang up and listen." *click*

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
"Hi Murph, thanks for taking my call. Long time listener, love the show. My question is about football. It seems like we should pass more sometimes and then maybe run more at other times. What do you guys think? I'll hang up and listen." *click*

Obligatory

attachment.php

Attachments

• interstellar-mackenzie-foy-murphy.jpg
    interstellar-mackenzie-foy-murphy.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,281

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
No one intelligent ever calls into those things. I've always felt sorry for the coaches to have to be put through that crap. We need more college coaches that would handle those things just like Greg Popovich would.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Honestly, the show could be improved if John, as host, wasn't so polite and simply asked people to get to their question. Have a question ready. Ask it. Hang up. Then, if it's a garbage question, we at least get to avoid the rambling setup.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
The coaches can't be making that much on the call in shows anymore? Right? I know it used to be good money back in the day. But what's the point anymore?
Maybe change the format to where people and in the ???s and John reads them and chats.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
They have to do whatever ISU deems as normal head coach publicity. It's in their contract.

Why aren't questions submitted and then asked?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The coaches can't be making that much on the call in shows anymore? Right? I know it used to be good money back in the day. But what's the point anymore?
Maybe change the format to where people and in the ???s and John reads them and chats.

Or John and coach just talk. That is the best part of the show.